Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thoughts



Some random thoughts as of late:

1. Chilean Miners- wow. What a crazy story. I get claustrophobic just thinking about being stuck underground. I can't believe they survived the first 17 days knowing the outside world didn't even know they survived and they didn't go crazy.

2. My daughter is hilarious.

3. The new fake crying thing Sadie does is pretty annoying. But it did make me laugh the other day when she was fake crying and I went into the kitchen to work on dinner(away from her). She came in 5 minutes later, squeezed herself in between me and the oven so she knew I could see her, and fake cried some more.

4. The basketball season and winter are both coming up- 2 of the things I dread most in life.

5. I struck out looking to end a depressing co-ed softball team loss last night. Yes, it is slow pitch softball and you only get 2 strikes and the second strike was very iffy, but I just can't believe myself. I struck out looking to end the game! What a fitting end to our worst game of the season where we gave our opponents somewhere between 8 and 10 unearned runs and lost by 4. We are the better team and now we have to beat them twice next week in order to win the tournament. Oh well.

6. I pretty much love everything that comes from Kneaders.

7. Sadie randomly started signing "milk" and "banana" in the past few days. She hasn't watched her Baby Signing Time DVD in a month or so, which means she could definitely sign these things before, she just refused to do it.

8. We got our family pictures back and Sadie made some amazing faces

aka- ruined some great pictures




But that's okay because we are still pretty much in love with her

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Loved the post! :) You guys are so cute! And, I love your family pictures!

Alicia said...

Yep, I definitely laughed outloud at that one pictures where Sadie has a crazy face. And I'm at work. Oh well.

I love you guys. I want a card by the way, even though I live in Provo.

Nick and Lexie said...

I'm going to make a comment about each number:

1. I honestly don't know the miners story in detail. So your blog was the first I have actually read about it. I know, I know, I'm a terrible person. They had some 20/20 special on it last night, but what can I say, I was tired. 17 days is a long time!!!

2. Of course Sadie is funny. There is pretty much no way that any of your kids won't be funny.

3. Isn't it amazing how kids learn so early to manipulate? They're so smart, but it is a little disturbing.

4. I agree with you about the winter coming. But don't you think this Christmas will be fun with Sadie being her age? She will actually understand it and want to open presents and stuff.

5. I can't believe you struck out LOOKING. I'm not gonna lie, I'm disappointed in you :) But impressed that you're still playing. I can't remember the last time I played softbball.

6. I am craving their french toast!!!

7. Brizzy will go through signs. Sometimes she signs certain words all the time and then refuses to sign them other times. It's weird.

8. I already saw all of these pictures, and I laughed at the ones of Sadie making funny faces. I was just picturing what was happening at the time the picture was taken. But I love love the last one; love her cute little bottom teeth.

Okay, so I think my comment was longer than your post. Mission accomplished!

Carly said...

Whoa, Lexie now that's the way to comment on a blog! I considered responding to your comments in the same numbered fashion, but others may grow tired of reading our long discussion

Chera Reese said...

I love the pictures! I can't believe how old Sadie looks. I absolutely love reading your blog. It shows your real life. Day to day. Good and silly. I love it.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

I was pretty glued to the TV during the Chilean miners rescue. It wasn't necessarily the miners that had me hooked, but the fact that I accidently spilled my Elmer's Glue on the television set and then leaned in it.