Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Cottle Waddle

Every time I go to write a post about hanging out with the Cottles I resist the urge to use this post title. Today I finally gave in, so Cottle Waddle it is. We got to hang out with the Cottles a couple of times when they were here for Nick's father's birthday. One of the biggest bonuses to living in Utah is how many friends and family we get to see who are here for various other events.

One afternoon we drove up to Daybreak to swim. Sadie had a great time and she learned from Brizzy the virtues of swim goggles. (She has since used birthday money to purchase goggles for herself)
 Lexie tried to teach Sadie about cannon balls and she demonstrated the proper form as the girls looked on. Below that is Sadie's lame attempt. She didn't tuck her knees one bit.
 Lou spent nearly the entire time trying to get food out of the vending machines. When I told her the machines were locked and we couldn't get the candy she started knocking on them. Sadly, they never opened. Then when I said it was time to go she jumped in the pool with Sadie where they played adorably together.

A few days later we got the Cottles for the whole afternoon. We went up to Manila Creek Park. It was over a hundred degrees so the freezing water felt great. Elise was struggling without a nap so we headed home and just visited while Sadie and Briz played in the basement. It is so nice when kids are at an age where they don't need constant supervision during playdates.

0 comments: