Thursday, May 29, 2014

Month Numero Uno

Camille is 1 month old. You can tell I am starting to feel decent because I am blogging again. I enjoyed looking back at my monthly posts about Elise so I am doing it again. This time the pictures will be taken on the adorable blanket made for Camille by Mimi. I had been looking for a soft blanket for Millie the last few months of my pregnancy (each of my other girls have a special "blankie" they still sleep with), but I never found one. So glad I didn't because this one is perfect- cute and colorful on one side and minky soft on the other. 
 Camille still sleeps most of the day away. She is probably awake 4 to 6 hours total each day. Much more than Sadie was, but less than Elise. (I just have to compare my kids and now I have 3 to compare- even more fun!) The girls constantly ask me when she is going to wake up. We have a theory that Camille mostly sleeps during the day because she doesn't want to deal with the reality that is her two crazy older sisters. She usually has her most wakeful hours between 8 pm and midnight.
She is getting more and more cute, but she still looks like a turtle to us. All of our newborns have kind of looked like turtles. I think she is going to be a blonde. Her eye brows and lashes are both blonde. The short hair she does have looks blonde in the light. She will definitely have light eyes, can't tell if they'll be blue or green yet. Millie has long fingers and toes, and you can see those long chicken legs in the pictures. Her thighs are finally starting to add some fat. She is up to about 8 1/2 pounds. She gets 3-6 ounces of formula a day on top of nursing, which has really helped her chub up. Each week I say I am going to give up on nursing but then I don't. Nursing is really not my favorite. 
Sadie and Elise are constantly all over Millie. Like sitting right on top of her. She has never cried about it. In fact, the only things she cries about so far are being hungry and getting her nails clipped. Daniel found Elise trying to climb into Camille's bassinet with her the other night. Definitely not enough room for 2 in there. By the way, Camille is the loudest sleeper ever. Grunty Mcgee is her nighttime name. She generally does one longer 4-6 hour stretch of sleep at the beginning of the night and then wakes up every 3 hours to eat after that. 
Camille takes a pacifier but can't hold onto it very well in her mouth. Constantly putting it back in is super annoying so we don't really give her a pacifier yet. Maybe in the coming months. She still scratches/punches herself in the face frequently. She gives us lots of smiles and we have heard her "coo" a few times, but they were all inadvertent, I am sure. 

Official 1 Month Photo:











2 comments:

hosander said...

super cute. I can't believe we haven't come to see you yet. You are doing great, and I'm glad she's sleeping a little for you

Unknown said...

I loved reading about Camille- Although I can't believe that she is already a month old.