
Since Carly will more than likely put up pictures and comments about our recent cruise to Mexico with our friends Nick and Lexie I thought I would post a few thoughts from our trip before someone that is smart and can spell does it first.
1. When on a trip make goals. They really focus your trip and make you a more effective tourist. Nick and I decided early on that we needed sombreros. We found them in Mexico and our lives are now better for it.
2. I hate Southern California. This is not a shot at people who love it there, but seriously it kind of sucks. It is really crowded which means traffic at all times. Plus for all the fuss over In and Out burgers they are no better than a Big Mac really. I can't stand the Lakers or Dodgers even if I am not sure why. I had fun visiting, but I guess what I am saying is that I will never ever live there. And obviously none of this could ever apply to San Clemente, but that went without saying.
3. Jet Blue is awesome. I like leg room and TV. They give me both so I like them.
4. Going on a cruise is way more fun than originally thought. How can you not like unlimited food, being lazy, playing cards with friends, and seeing places you may never go to again.
5. People like to drink in Mexico. Why do people get so excited to drink in another country? Why not just drink at home and not waste money on a cruise? What is the thought process there?
Guy: Lets get wasted today.
Other Guy: No way man we will look like alcoholics drinking all day on a weekday.
Guy: Lets go on a cruise and get wasted in Mexico.
Other Guy: Now you are talking. Its perfectly fine to get wasted on a weekday if you are in another country.
Guy: Great Point.
6. Lexie's sister introduced us to brain typing which initially I thought was a ton of crap. I have since been converted mainly because it is eerily accurate. It is like a predictor of personality and motor skill abilities. It would take way too long to explain everything about it, but its done by a guy named John Niednagel. It is very interesting and very useful in sports because it can predict what kind of player someone will be like based on their brain type. Just look it up, it sounds crazy, but is really really accurate.
7. I like traveling. Maybe it is part of the reason I like my job, but I like seeing places I have never been before. Even if Mexico is dirty now I can say I have been there. I think Carly and I should take more trips.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Cruise+Sombreros= One great vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you got your sombrero, but I really hope you and Carly did the "I'm the King of the World" thing at the head of the ship at least once. I've never been on a cruise, but I can't imagine going on one and feeling completely satisfied with the experience without fitting that in.
I am living in San Diego for a month and the traffic isn't that bad. But the Padres are.
As for In-N-Out Burger, why would I bother with it when they have meals like this. Yeah, that's fried fish bones. Edible. Jealous?
Post a Comment