Memorial Day- the day of the annual parade in Belmont, Mass. My hometown has a small (emphasis on small) parade each Memorial Day. I have memories when I was young of the parade being much bigger. Not sure if that is my 4 year old mind thinking the parade was big, or if it was actually bigger. My parents house is directly on the parade route so we just gathered on the front lawn and observed the 5 minute- yes 5 minute- parade.
Cousins watching the parade

Sadie was all smiles- finally. It only took 4 days for her to get used to everyone.
While everyone else was playing a game...

...Sadie and Will got together for a picture with Papa John.

Then Will noticed Sadie was snacking on Cheerios

And he wanted some too

So he came closer

and closer

And Sadie was totally offended.
Don't worry; she got him back later

On Monday night we had the awards ceremony for the John family Biggest Loser competition.

One of my favorite pictures of the whole trip. Mom, you are so great.

The winners. Carrie won. My 17-year-old brother surprised us all and came in second place. Daniel and I didn't come close to winning. Oh well.
Sadie was all smiles- finally. It only took 4 days for her to get used to everyone.
While everyone else was playing a game...
...Sadie and Will got together for a picture with Papa John.
Then Will noticed Sadie was snacking on Cheerios
And he wanted some too
So he came closer
and closer
And Sadie was totally offended.
Don't worry; she got him back later
On Monday night we had the awards ceremony for the John family Biggest Loser competition.
One of my favorite pictures of the whole trip. Mom, you are so great.
The winners. Carrie won. My 17-year-old brother surprised us all and came in second place. Daniel and I didn't come close to winning. Oh well.
3 comments:
Matthew earned that victory! After I would drop him off from basketball on Saturday mornings he told me he would go on 10 mile runs. Did Carrie win because she had a baby?
That picture of your mom and Matt is my favorite picture too.
David--I gained a ton of weight while I was pregnant with Will, so I had a bit of an advantage in the competition. I'm pretty sure Matt's workouts were more intense than mine.
We miss Sadie. A lot. Hyrum still talks about her a lot and I have been thinking about her a lot lately especially at church, where I watch all of the babies instead of paying attention. We hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment