Monday, June 28, 2010

Boston Grand Finale

Are you ready for a picture overload? Seriously, don't bother to read the rest if you don't want to look at boat loads of wedding pictures. Although, if you do read to the end you will be rewarded with some of the greatest dance moves ever captured on film.



Alicia & Bryce were deliriously happy, as it should be. Meredith had to remind them they probably wouldn't want hundreds of pictures of themselves kissing because they couldn't keep their lips off each other.

Although, I don't blame Bryce because Alicia was stunning.



Only 2 single John kids remaining (on the right)- both are teenagers- better claim them while you can.
4 weddings in 5 years- we're going like hotcakes!
But really, what are hotcakes, so we are going like candy contraband at fat camp.

Weird to think that this...


...will be them some day


My 2 gorgeous little sisters

Love the faces in this one

After the temple pictures, we headed over to the luncheon


Which included delicious food and sweet/funny toasts (this one included standing on a chair).

Alicia, Bryce, and her "friends" bridesmaids (as opposed to "sisters" bridesmaids) then headed into downtown Boston for more pics.

Oh, yeah, and they took the subway to get there.

With the backdrop of Boston, how could any pictures be bad?

Love the brick-paved streets

(By the way, I am completely jealous of how beautiful Alicia's dress is. The two pictures above show the front and back well.)


One of my favorite pictures of the day

Meanwhile, the rest of us were doing the final set-up of the reception. The set-up was stalled for an hour during a torrential downpour, but it let up just in time for us to finish up and take a few more family pictures.

Anthony really wanted to take a "Cosby-style" family picture.

This is pretty much how Sadie reacted whenever someone besides us was holding her.

But it's hard to stay mad when she is this cute.

The reception turned out *almost* as I had planned.
Guests walked up a lighted path lined with engagement photos and wreaths.

At the end of the path was the present/guest book table. Guests then walked down the stairs (at the left in the picture below) where they could watch a picture slide show and greet the bride and groom.

(One of the major failed design elements was the pool decor. All of my plans did not work!)
Guests could then wander over to the tent and eat. Dinner was chicken madeira/asparagus/mashed potatoes/salad/rolls from the Cheesecake Factory. I'll admit I had seconds. And thirds.

Here you can see the chinese lanterns hung all around inside the tent. The biggest design element that failed was the clear top tent. Alicia and I were so excited for a clear tent but when the tent vendor arrived to set it up they said they couldn't get the clear tent clean enough. We could have still used it but it was filthy and we decided to just go with typical white. It is my biggest disappointment from the wedding. The white tent still looked fine, but the clear top tent would have been stunning with all the chinese lanterns.


Please pay attention to the fabric walls in the background. We spent many hours on those. They gave us a hard time, but we conquered them and they looked great.

I love simple, elegant wedding cakes.

Alicia and Bryce greeted guests for a while, ate dinner, cut the cake, and had their first dance.


So...now for the promised dancing pictures.






You are welcome.

Wedding guests lined up along the lighted path and Alicia and Bryce made their grand exit to a sweet slow clap started by yours truly. Of course they stopped to kiss for us all and then went on their merry way.

The End.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pircutes! Just one little request...anyway we can crop me out of the picture of me on the dance floor adjusting my shirt? Embarrassing!

Really Carly you did a great job. It was beautiful!

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Those dancing photos are awesome!! Just wondering...why don't we see Daniel dancing as well?? The wedding looks gorgeous!!

Carrie said...

Seeing all these great pictures made me want to go back and see everyone again. Are these the professional pictures? Where did you get them? I want a copy of the picture of Sadie and Will with their Grandparents for Will's scrapbook.

Did Daniel even go near the dance floor?

Great pictures--and great moves. You John women know how to get down. (Anthony would probably argue that John men can get down too, but there isn't any pictorial proof of that.)

Julia Mar said...

please teach me Dance Master

Terrence and Kestlee said...

Sheesh, Carly!! I didn't know you had all THAT in you!?! Why have I never gone to a party with you? Can you pencil me in on August 20th? We're going dancing!!!

Unknown said...

How come Daniel is found nowhere on the dance floor? P.S. I respect those dance moves Carly..
-Ryan

Alicia said...

I love these pictures and I loved my wedding. Just so you know, Macy told us to kiss to make us smile normally. Whenever our smiles started to fade, she would make us kiss.

(not that we argued)

Daniel said...

I wasn't on the dance floor because someone had to watch Sadie. I love dancing...didnt you know that.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Wow. I flew home from London for Anne's wedding and now it seems I should have flown home from Asia for Alicia's wedding. What great pictures, though. I'm sorry I missed it but I'm glad everything went almost as planned. For the record I think the white tent is beautiful and elegant.