Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Arizona

At the end of July Daniel was supposed to be gone for a week and I wanted to do something fun with Sadie- what's better than Arizona in late July, right? Well I argue not much is better when you are going to visit the Proffitt family. They generously hosted us with only 2 weeks notice (and only a few days after they got back from vacation).

The flight to AZ was rough. So many nightmares occurred- Sadie came down with a horrible cold right before we left, no AC on the plane, giant back-arching-arm-flailing tantrums, drink dumped on my neighbor, etc. But this is why I chose a short flight- after an hour and a half the nightmares were all over.

To say Sadie loved Booker & Ike might be the understatement of the year. She loved playing with Booker, but she insisted on kissing Ike every time she saw him. Margaret caught it on camera (above). Sadie gives open-mouthed kisses exclusively.

I have never seen Sadie act like this. She would wrestle with the boys whenever she could. She took Ike's feet out pretty hard one time.


We had so much fun together. I think our main activities were swimming and eating delicious food, but we tried to make it out for a little while each day, even with the sweltering heat. Sadie loved the Tucson Children's Museum. I thought she would be a little young to enjoy it, but she had a great time (as you can see from the overabundance of pictures).

One of Sadie's favorite rooms was the hospital room with baby dolls.

Sadie did this all by herself. I looked over and she was on her tiptoes, trying to pull down the doll.

Then she dragged the baby around for a while. I mean literally dragged. The doll was about as big as her.

Sadie & Booker rode the police motorcycle together.

The firefighting display had real uniforms to try on. Sadie wasn't very happy when she tried them on.

I'm not sure exactly how many germs Sadie picked up at the museum, but I am guessing somewhere in the millions. After the first few rooms I gave up on trying to keep stuff out of her mouth.

We also headed over to Traildust Town one evening. We went on a train ride, panned for gold, and saw a stunt show with lots of shooting.

This reminds me of a picture I have of me with my sister Meredith and cousin Janessa in the stroller.

Before the stunt show started Sadie sat on Booker's lap for a photo op. Booker is in an awesome-smile stage of life. I was nervous about Sadie being scared of the loud gunshots, but she was completely unaffected and found the show boring. Ike was scared. Booker loved it. In fact, halfway through the show he loudly proclaimed "I love this show!"

As you can see, the trip was wonderful. It was great to see Margaret & Clark's beautiful house and cute kids. I have committed myself to traveling to see my loved ones more!
(Especially before Sadie turns 2 and we have to pay for her plane ticket)

1 comments:

Tina said...

These pictures are wonderful. I'm amazed that she was so interested in the children's museum -- I alsow ould have thought that she was too young. Come see us loved ones back east more -- you are welcome any time.