On her actual birthday Sadie got some special treats. First, she got a Costa Vida pork quesadilla for lunch. She loved it. Ate the whole thing. That's my girl!

But she still tried to share most of her bites with me.
We went home, watched some Baby Signing Time, took a good nap, and got Coldstone. Being the amazing mother that I am, I ordered what I always get, which includes a lot of peanut butter mixed into my ice cream. I gave Sadie some and then realized it. At least we now know she is not allergic to peanuts!

At Sadie's 12 month doctor's appointment we found out she is tallish (73rd percentile) and average weightish (37th percentile). Sadie endured 5 horrible shots and slept most of the day. It was funny, with the first shot she looked confused. Once the second shot went in she was in full screaming-like-she's-dying mode, but she quit crying pretty quickly after the 5th shot.
Oh, and in case you didn't know, Sadie is walking. She still face plants quite often, but she walks about half the time, Mowgli crawls 20% of the time, and crawls the rest.

Finally, we had a real birthday party for Sadie on Saturday. Really, it was just a BBQ where we sang her Happy Birthday and gave her a cake. Probably more a party for us than for Sadie. Besides the propane going out just as the party was starting, and a few mishaps with the chocolate fountain, everything was great. Yes, I just said chocolate fountain. The Waddells (our old next-door neighbors) brought their delicious chocolate fountain. We were so happy that so many of our friends and family showed up! It was our first get together in our new place and it was so nice to be able to have more than 2 people over (unlike our old apartment).
Sadie blowing out her candle:

I made an individual cake for Sadie. I think she liked it.
We went home, watched some Baby Signing Time, took a good nap, and got Coldstone. Being the amazing mother that I am, I ordered what I always get, which includes a lot of peanut butter mixed into my ice cream. I gave Sadie some and then realized it. At least we now know she is not allergic to peanuts!
At Sadie's 12 month doctor's appointment we found out she is tallish (73rd percentile) and average weightish (37th percentile). Sadie endured 5 horrible shots and slept most of the day. It was funny, with the first shot she looked confused. Once the second shot went in she was in full screaming-like-she's-dying mode, but she quit crying pretty quickly after the 5th shot.
Oh, and in case you didn't know, Sadie is walking. She still face plants quite often, but she walks about half the time, Mowgli crawls 20% of the time, and crawls the rest.
Finally, we had a real birthday party for Sadie on Saturday. Really, it was just a BBQ where we sang her Happy Birthday and gave her a cake. Probably more a party for us than for Sadie. Besides the propane going out just as the party was starting, and a few mishaps with the chocolate fountain, everything was great. Yes, I just said chocolate fountain. The Waddells (our old next-door neighbors) brought their delicious chocolate fountain. We were so happy that so many of our friends and family showed up! It was our first get together in our new place and it was so nice to be able to have more than 2 people over (unlike our old apartment).
Sadie blowing out her candle:
I made an individual cake for Sadie. I think she liked it.
Again, with the sharing. She offers her food to anyone standing nearby.
Everything was going well with the cake eating until I showed Sadie the present Alicia and Bryce had gotten her- another little plastic Dora doll. Sadie had a meltdown when I wouldn't let her play with Dora while she was eating cake so we gave her a quick bath and let her open presents.
At first, she just wanted to hold onto Dora.
But then she started getting excited about all the new gifts.
Here she is with most of her gifts. Thank you everyone! Not pictured: the Dora doll, bubbles, and a phone that plays music Sadie dances to.
Sadie happened to receive a birthday package from her BCF Will on Saturday also. It contained a sweet Washington DC shirt so they can be matching BCF's and a photo of Will holding a birthday sign. Sadie loves the picture so much that it is a little destroyed now from Sadie dragging it around with her.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Sadie. Way to spread out the bday celebrations.
Just so you know, Will tried to sing along when we watched the video.
Happy Birthday, Sadie! I love you! Papa John will be out in a few weeks to give you hugs and kisses from us.
Yay for Sadie walking! That is so fun! I am so sad we are missing out! I still picture Hunter kissing baby Sadie when we were moving. That was a year ago! Crazy
Post a Comment