Elise is a four-month-old. I've done a lot of complaining about sleep in recent months. I should warn you, I will complain some more right now. Leesie is a first-rate sleep stealer. She is back to one or two 3 hour stretches each night, but she still wakes up random times all night. At her 4 month check-up today I told the doctor I wanted the solution to the sleep problems. She laughed and told me some kids are hard. After I complained some more she told me how her 16 month old and 2 1/2 year old still don't sleep through the night. I think she was trying to make me feel better but all she did was make me worry that it could be years before Elise sleeps through the night! Kids really stink sometimes.
Elise's inexplicable crying spells during the day are completely gone. Hallelujah!
Elise is one happy little girl during the daytime hours. As long as she can see someone, that is. If she thinks she is alone in a room she will let me know she is not agreeable to it.
Lou Lou is also a full-time hand chewer
(Leesie Lou has expanded to any nicknames close to Lou- Louie Lou, Louie, etc)
She is in the 90th percentile for height and 45th for weight.
Elise's newest skill is rolling onto her stomach. Except she usually can't figure out how to get the arm that is underneath out of the way. So she lays like this (above). It is actually how she sleeps most of the time now (below).
I wouldn't have much problem with that, except for the fact that I think it makes her arm fall asleep and then she wakes up screaming. However it makes her scream much more if I move her from this position to her back. These pictures are a more tame version of it- usually her back and neck are arched back way more. I'll put up a better picture in my report on our Kansas City trip.
Summary of a 4-month-old Elise: Cute and happy during the day. Fussy and totally unreasonable at night.
The blanket is super wrinkled but I am morally opposed to ironing a baby blanket






4 comments:
My advice? Formula. Changed our lives. But Felix didn't start sleeping through the night until we were on 100% formula. I hope it gets better!
She is so stinkin' cute, and suddenly, inexplicably looking much, much older than at 3 months. Here's hoping the sleeping improves ASAP (I second the formula thought).
Sorry about the lack of sleep. It makes me feel a little bit like a brat for complaining about my 5 hour stints at night. And it also scares the crap out of me that Holland could regress. Yikes! I would not do well.
P.S. I also thought I should let you know that all of the nicknames you mentioned are also mine, and I am very happy about that. Leesie and I have a special bond now. I am no longer the only one Nick will be calling Louie :) But she does need to be informed that we share this special bond. Next time I see her, I expect her to know who I am and to be able to say my name (it will probably be around Thanksgiving).
She is a doll.
Post a Comment