Monday, September 16, 2013

#6


On Friday the 13th Adelaide Jean Gessell came into the world to bring the number of John grandchildren up to 6. We've all been anxious about her arrival for weeks, but obviously, none as anxious as Alicia. She experienced lots of painful contractions and several false alarms for the last 4 weeks of her pregnancy. It was rough, but in the end they got an adorable, chubby, 9-pounder out of  it. From all accounts Alicia destroyed labor. Some of her feats are unheard of. 
 Sadie is very excited to have another girl cousin, although she thinks Adelaide's name is funny for some reason. She giggles every time she hears it. Sadie prayed the other night that Adelaide will grow up to be a kid. I think she just wants her to be big enough to be bossed around. Elise is oblivious. 
As usual, I am left wondering when I'll get to meet her. One of these times I will actually live by a sibling so I can dote on their newborn. 
And Daniel just happens to be travelling to Boston for work next week so he gets to meet her. So unfair. 
Welcome Adelaide! We love you!

2 comments:

Tina said...

For once I LIVE by one of my children when they have a newborn, so I DO get to dote on her! Yeah!

Alicia said...

It makes me laugh that she thinks the name is funny. I understand though, it is an unusual name. And it's a long name. Weston already calls her Addy.