Saturday, June 14, 2014

May Days

Here are some more pictures from the month of May. I am aware that I should/could do separate blog posts for many of these but I am too lazy. 

I am going to miss it when Sadie grows out of the sign-making stage. On this particular day Elise had faked both a cough and a stomach flu. When I gave her some fake sympathy Sadie ran off to make this sign. She told me the black thing in the middle is an Anaconda. Obviously.


 I let Sadie feed Camille a bottle and she did a great job. 

Kiddie pool fun. This turned into adding the plastic slide, which lead to a picnic when they got hungry, which turned into inviting the neighbor kids over, which lead to my girls at the neighbors house when there "too many wasps" in our backyard. All of that meant 6 hours straight outside and only 2 applications of sunscreen, which lead to some bright pink skin. Oops. 

Doesn't everyone sleep like this?

Towels drying on the back deck as the sun goes down after a long day of sprinklers, kiddie pools and popsicles. The stuff dream summers are made of.

Camille the Turtle

Best sister friends forever. So much giggling went on here, even though Lou kept falling off the back. One of those moments I want to remember for a long time.

Ballet Camp, as I think Sadie called it. I captured one of the few times Lou actually did what Sadie wanted. 

Someone left a mason jar of 5 fish on our front porch one evening. We have no idea who did this. When Sadie woke up in the morning--she was already in bed when we received the fish-- she came running in to tell us there was a fish in the kitchen. After I questioned her counting ability she lead me to the kitchen where I found 4 fish floating in the water with one fish happily swimming around the bottom. Sadie named the lone survivor "Sadie" and she is still alive today- 2 weeks later. 

2 comments:

Tina said...

Love the pool and the towels drying on the deck. Reminds me of summers long ago (although we didn't have a deck but only a fence to dry towels on). I love summer these days even more as an adult than I did as a child.

Especially love the pictures of your two girls together. So great for them!

Unknown said...

Your backyard looks awesome! I'm impressed. Jealous that you guys are in full blown summer mode there. Hoping to be in a few weeks because there is nothing better!