We have been married for 10 years today. That's pretty cool.
The coolest part about it, to me, is that I made such a smart choice when I was 20 years old. Yes, we dated for 2 1/2 years so I knew Daniel (the 2005 version of Daniel) well, but we have changed a lot over the past 10 years. Part of that is just natural maturing that happens when you go from age 20 to age 30, but a lot of the change has to do with our marriage. And the change has meant our relationship is better, stronger, and more fulfilling than day 1.
Although, according to Grammie, marriage is a crapshoot, so maybe I just got lucky.
Some numbers from our first 10 years of marriage:
-3- kids
-11- jobs
(Carly- MOA cafe, BYU history project manager, BYU data center, grad school TA, nonprofit intern, UVU library finance manager, Epic Relays accountant)
(Daniel- BYU women's basketball student film, BYU DOBO, UVU assistant, BYU assistant)
-3- cars
-1- new ACL
-7- BYU intramural championships
-3- degrees earned between the two of us
-1- speeding ticket (Daniel's, of course)
-5- moves (1 house bought)
And proof that we looked like babies when we got married


3 comments:
Congrats you two! A decade is a big deal. You've done a lot in those 10 years.
So cool to see all of those numbers. Wembley stole the thunder from Nick and I's 10 year anniversary, so I feel like it sort of flew by without thinking about it. You guys are such a great match. I feel lucky that we've been friends with you for that decade.
Marriage is totally a crapshoot, I'm going to use that.
Post a Comment