The longest month of the year is almost over! January is my least favorite month. In January I am the anti-new years resolution. I feel like I am always tired from the holidays, the weather is terrible, and then Daniel is hardly home so we just endure it. The changing of seasons (both literal seasons and basketball seasons) is always much more motivating for me.
Here is January
Meredith got me a gift card to Stitchfix for Christmas. I loved this outfit but I could only afford one thing so I went with the jeans when I realized the sweater was dry clean only.
One Saturday we spent half the day playing with Legos in our PJs. Millie settled for the Shopkins since she still puts Lego pieces in her mouth. Elise played with those sets all week until I finally dismantled everything.
Daniel forgot his suit on one of their road trips. He went to a couple stores and no one had his size so he wore sweats. I asked Norma, everyone's favorite Chilean sports marketing employee, to send me picture of him before the game. I laughed every time he was in view of the camera. They won the game so the next game on their trip he wore sweats too. They won again, but Daniel decided to look professional for subsequent games. Too bad.
Camille....she is still exhausting. She whines. A lot. She is a wrecking machine. She giggles uncontrollably when she does things she isn't supposed to. She already talks back to me. In the lower left picture I had caught her dancing on the sink and licking the mirror multiple times. Now that she can open doors I can't keep her out, so I caught her a third time and she just smiled at me and sat down on the edge of the sink like it was totally fine.
Sadie lost her first tooth! She has been seriously anxious to reach this milestone, but once her tooth was barely hanging on she was terrified. Daniel finally convinced her to let him pull it. We didn't have any gauze, so a tissue did the job. Elise may have been more excited than Sadie. She asked to see the gaping hole constantly for a few days.
Sadie and I went on a weeknight date to the BYU-Gonzaga game. BYU got a great win and the team gave out autographs afterwards. Sadie sat on Kylie's lap and "helped". We are going to miss Kylie so much when she graduates this year.
Sadie has been working on her handstands nonstop. It is fun to see her love gymnastics and work so hard on it. She practices at least half hour each day.
More basketball games. The Sullivans come to most of the Saturday home games. Millie and Andrew are 2 weeks apart in age. Please note Millie wearing Elise's jacket. One of her favorite things right now is to wear her big sisters' shoes and coats.
Just a pic documenting the 6 Nielson-Faucette kids eating lunch on MLK day. Kaylie is now 6 months pregnant with her 4th boy. We have always been pregnant together, but I have no desire to be pregnant, so our streak of having kids born within 6 months of each other is over.
Teething beauty. One of the many recent nights she wakes up screaming. But this is the first time since she was tiny that she fell asleep in my arms. I managed to take a picture and get her back in bed without waking her. It was very sweet and I completely forgave her. If this happened every time she woke up in the night I wouldn't mind it.
Sadie did a cheer clinic at Pleasant Grove high school. On performance night Millie was enthralled with their warm up performances. I had to tear her away when it was time for the girls to take their places.
They performed at half-time of the PG-Lone Peak boys basketball game. Sadie is on the front row of the little girls, in the center of the frame with bright pink shoes.
Lou and Millie have been playing and fighting a lot. On this day Camille was feeding Elise apple sauce and laughing her head off after each bite.
One morning while Daniel was gone he wanted pictures of the girls first thing. Sadie and Elise wake up around 6:30 each morning and read, get dressed, etc. while I sleep. Lately I have been sleeping until 8 AM and then I get them breakfast/do hair. Camille wakes up around 8:30.
I chopped off my hair! It was long overdue. I love it. I wish I could replicate the way she curled my hair. Maybe with practice. But it still looks nice straight and I can curl it a little bit.
Sadie lost her 2nd tooth! She can make cool whistling sounds through the big gap.
Elise went a Star Wars birthday party for her twin friends. She has talked about Dark Vader for the past week.
More basketball. We brought Sadie's friend Bentley. They played on the court, colored all over the white boards in the film room, drank the team's powerade, and got autographed posters.
On the way home from gymnastics we stopped for donuts. I love Elise's friendship with Madi.
Sadie was playing school and made a take-home reading packet for Daniel. This is exactly how they do it at school. She wrote out a list of books we have.
Camille loves to see herself on the camera
Sadie celebrated the 100th day of school by dressing up like a 100-year-old. She was mad at me for not getting her a cane, but I think she looked the part just fine. I drew some wrinkles on her face, but then she wanted me to blend them in more so they didn't show up much for the picture.
We got a small snow storm that the girls played outside in for a couple hours. I heard the girls yelling for me, but I ignored them like any good mother would. When Elise started banging on the mud room door I came outside and found Sadie stuck in the sunroof of the car. Since I am such a great mom I ran inside and grabbed my phone to take her picture. She was so wedged in there that it took me several tries to get her out.

































1 comments:
Love the outfit including the sweater. Too bad its dry clean only -- never a good idea with kids.
We are also really enjoying the basket ball season this year, and watch almost every game on line. So fun! We feel like we almost "know" the team!
Post a Comment