When Kaylie Faucette found out she was having another boy I suggested I do a shower for her. After her older 3 boys most of the clothes were worn out. Plus, it is just fun to celebrate another baby and get new stuff. Kaylie's mom Eugenia helped me with it and we had a great time. I printed the cute invitations from Costco. Costco has some great options and they are super affordable.

Here is me, Kaylie and Eugenia. This is a great shot of what our kitchen used to look like. (We got the cabinets refinished a few days after the shower).

Here is me, Kaylie and Eugenia. This is a great shot of what our kitchen used to look like. (We got the cabinets refinished a few days after the shower).
I decided to copy the activity we did at my sister Alicia's shower a couple years ago. We decorated onesies with fabric scraps I converted to iron-on patches. The picture above is the 2 onesies I made before the shower as examples. The one with Faucette on the back represents his standing as boy #4.
People came up with some adorable ideas. We laid out the finished onesies on the food table.
By the way, the food was amazing. We ordered bagels and a variety of pastries from Avenue Bakery in American Fork. Then Eugenia made some fruit dip and cut up a bunch of fresh fruit. All I had to do was make some juice. Easiest shower food ever.
After the food and onesie crafting we played a couple of games. I had Kaylie email me a bunch of pictures of her other 3 boys as babies at the same ages. Then I zoomed in and printed certain facial features. At first I was going to just have Kaylie guess who each one was individually, but it was really hard! So I put the groups of each age together. At first glance it seemed really hard, but once you looked closely you could tell which picture was who. I uncovered the zoomed out photos below each set of pictures. Kaylie got them all correct! The frames below were after we played it.
We also played a price is right game with different baby items. I had everyone try to put the items in order of price. I made it unintentionally really difficult because all 8 items cost between $6 and $25.
Finally, Kaylie opened her presents and we all got excited for her 4th baby. Can't wait to meet him in 2 months!








0 comments:
Post a Comment