One February morning we managed to squeeze in a trip to the Provo City Center Temple open house. I loved having stake conference there for the first half of our marriage. I love going to unique LDS meetinghouses, since most of them are very similar. Those tiny winding steps in the turrets were always so creaky and a little bit scary. Daniel tripped every time he walked up them because they were so small. I wrote on instagram about how the first stake conference we attended after Sadie was born she spit up everywhere. When we lifted her car seat that had been on the bench, there was a puddle of spit up. Yuck.
Anyway, the temple is so beautiful. They did a wonderful job keeping the integrity and feel of the original building. Even down to the tiny steps in the turrets! They didn't creak like they used to, and they were covered in beautiful carpet, but walking up them brought back memories. We didn't get a photo outside the temple due to snow and sleet, but I was thrilled we got a chance to take our whole family through it.

0 comments:
Post a Comment