Upon returning to Utah we had 1 week until school started for Sadie. Here's what we fit in.
Typical for Millie after a bath.
Daniel went to Lake Powell with his team for the week. I sent him this picture suggesting they purchase Crystal Pepsi for the occasion.
End of summer pizza and pj party. We scaled it down this year and I allowed the girls to invite 3 friends each.
I bought 3 pizzas for the party. I ended up with 1 whole cheese and almost 1 whole pepperoni left.
Family room dancing
Ron's 60th birthday party. I made an appearance while Daniel was still at Lake Powell. My kids were the only child attendees. Oops.
Dentist. Sadie and I were cavity free, although Camille did insist on sitting on my lap for much of my examination. Poor Elise has several more cavities. I give up. I brush and floss the girls' teeth every night. They brush their own teeth in the morning. Sadie, never had a cavity. Elise, always has cavities. Oh well.
We put the Stewart Falls hike on our summer bucket list but the girls decided they wanted to hike the Y instead. Daniel attempted it last summer with them and it failed miserably. I was determined they would make it up and I would not carry them at all. (Last year Daniel attempted to carry both of them at one point) They did it! There was much whining on the climb up, but that hike is pretty terrible. On the way down we mostly discussed U.S. history. The girls had lots of questions about the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. It was also the first time we discussed slavery. I am still not sure they understand slavery but it was good to introduce it.
My dad was in town for my cousin Amanda's wedding so we went up to the This Is The Place monument and park. I had heard it was really fun but I wasn't sure what to expect. When I saw the price I almost backed out (I think it was like $12 each?). It was SO fun! We wished we had more time. We didn't get to see everything we wanted to. The girls rode ponies, panned for gold, rode on a train, made leather stamps, made Native American necklaces, and more. They have a bunch of replicas of historic Utah houses and also some original houses that have been moved there. They have employees that work in the different shops using tools accurate to early Utah settlers. We watched the tinsmith and blacksmith work. I purchased an ornament made in the tin shop. We also watched a Native American dance performance. One of the performers was incredible. The hoop dance was my favorite.
Of course Camille made Papa read with her.















0 comments:
Post a Comment