I decided to use pictures to illustrate some things I've learned in the past year or so. Enjoy!

2. Matthew struggles putting sunscreen on. At least he puts it on (Daniel).
SEPTEMBER

1. Lake Powell is gorgeous (I took these pictures).

2. Daniel and I cannot wakeboard. I hate water sports.

3. But we can surf. I hate water sports less.

4. Murder mystery parties are fun. The most fun part may be dressing up in very un-PC costumes.
OCTOBER
1. Big couches are awesome! Also, you can sell anything on Craigslist.
NOVEMBER
1. Matt tries really hard to be like Jim Halpert. I make ugly faces.

2. It is
always funny when dad imitates Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance,
always.

3. I like to make people take weird pictures (look at our hands).

4. We miss Anthony and Carrie! (and the rest of the family, but especially them) This is the only picture I had with both of you from Thanksgiving.
DECEMBER

1. Daniel and I make amazing gingerbread structures.

2. I mean REALLY amazing. Nope, that's not the actual Marriott Center; it's a replica made from graham crackers, marshmallows, Lexie's strong-as-nails frosting, and candy.

3. Anyone can be Santa Claus with a $5 hat from Shopko. We didn't buy it or anything; Daniel just wore it around the store.

4. The Nielson family is good-looking. Also, cars can be faster than bippoty-bop.

5. Airplane is fun at any age and weight.

6. Varsity jackets are back. (Daniel says: "Back? When were they gone?")

7. Daniel is a bigger redneck than anyone could have imagined.
Wow, I learned a lot in December!!
JANUARY
1. Booker is cooler than ever.

2. It can snow a lot in Utah.

3. When it snows and you don't plow a parking lot, that parking lot becomes 6+ inches of ice. I am not exaggerating. I measured it with a ruler/three hole punch.
3a. I also learned that it can be very satisfying to spend hours breaking up the ice and shoveling it away. Caution: your body will hurt for at least 3 days after doing so.

4. Daniel is going to be a great coach. Also, refs get in the way- A LOT.

5. Something exciting must have been happening here.

6. Garlan McCoy is funny. Look in the top right corner of the picture.
FEBRUARY

1. Guitar hero captivates everyone. Ben was probably better at it before he became a dad. Just a guess.



2. Guitar Hero also makes people make funny faces.

3. Daniel is great at picking up to-go orders from TGIFriday's on Valentine's Day. Don't worry, that Victoria's Secret bag is my present
to Daniel (cologne).

4. Margaret makes good arm candy.

5. It is hard to get a big group of people to look at one camera.

6. It's hard to get 4 people to look at one camera.

7. I need nieces and nephews who insist on making this face in pictures. You know who you are- why don't you get on that?
MARCH
1. Daniel
loves smoothies. He also enjoys any blender that has a dispenser.
This was really just a way to tell you all what we've been up to since last summer.
3 comments:
We miss you too. I have already decided that when Carrie and I begin our family I will entitle the blogpost: "THE FRUIT OF MY LOINS!" Just thought I would let you know. I also wonder when Dad realized that he was Lord of the Dance reincarnate? Did he just start dancing and realize that he had skills other mere mortals only dream about?
I like all your pictures--specifically the Asian murder mystery--everyone is squinting.
Very entertaining to read.
Post a Comment