Well the wait is over my loyal readers (I feel confident making that plural), its time for the highly anticipated post about our night filled with intramurals. Tonight Carly had two softball games, I had one, and to top it off we had a kickball game. It was practically a miracle that we got to play tonight after old man winter decided to throw a couple more cold days at us . It is nearly June and it was freezing cold and rainy again today, and this is after it was near 90 degrees on Monday and Tuesday. What a jerk.
Before I fill you all in on the happenings of our games I must apologize for forgetting our camera which means no pictures. Now I know this is upsetting, but it will be ok and I will even allow everyone time to go get a tissue and get themselves together.
Ok now that everyone has their emotions in check we can get on to a run down of the games. Carly won both of her games by rather large amounts, one of them was a 25 run victory. C
arly was an animal at the plate, seriously she was acting like a different animal each at bat, it was a little ridiculous (see animals playing baseball). She really did have some great hits followed by her flexing her muscles repeatedly.
My softball game was a forfeit because the other team didn't have enough people, but we picked up a couple of guys and played for fun. So I guess you could say that we won.
And now onto the kickball game. It was yet another blowout. We are like a runaway locomotive that just can't be stopped. Hopefully we can duck, dodge, and kick our way through the playoffs. Our game also may have contained the greatest kickball play ever. It went like this...very deep hit to left center field followed by a 4 man relay to get the ball in and as our catcher catches the ball, without looking and in one smooth motion, he throws the ball between his legs just as the guy who kicked it is about to score.
Needless to say the guy was out and he more than likely is crying himself to sleep tonight. This play inspired all of us, and people around the world, to either continue or start to play kickball. Even this guy in the picture.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Intramural Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Congrats on the softball wins. I can just imagine Carly flexing her muscles after each hit!! Kickball sounds like so much fun- I wish we could have seen that play! We would love to hang out with you guys when you come to Boston. We haven't been there yet, and it would be great to see it with someone who knows the area! Terrence starts school next week. Definitely let us know when you're coming!!
Post a Comment