Friday, February 27, 2009

On this day in 1992...

This is my first ever journal entry. We can only hope our kid writes magic like this...

"April, 5th 1992
Today for breakfast we had pancakes. Dad made a joke about Hillary because she sneezed and a'lot of burgers [boogers] came out so my dad said since we usualy feed Hillary pancakes she has to eat some thing else he said that because Hillary was eating her burger [boogers]. Well anyway today is Sunday it is general confrence. I just got this journal on April 4th 1992 this year is leap year. I can't wait till EASTER!!! Last night I went to grammie's house. Yesterday it was hot! Alicia went to a birthday party and came back with chalk. So me and Alicia and me went outside and drew with chalk on the sidewalk. Also yesterday Katie arived at belmont Katie our cousin came to our house yesterday. We did hopskotch. We made one hopskotch so long we ended up with thirty-six hopskotch squares. I did it realy fast. I can do it on one foot! Oh I forgot to tell you Meredith my sister and Melissa Oconer and Lisa came outside too. I traced Alicia and we made a'lot of things. I just want to end this story with saying I like to read I like to write. In the name of jesus christ amen. Last night we didn't take our bath so today we have to take baths."

7 comments:

hosander said...

My favorite (though there are many)was pointing out, in April, that it was a leap year.

Lindsey said...

That is hilarious. I love the part "So me and Alicia and me"...

Meredith said...

I like the way you ended it. Your bathing status was and is always important.
I am a little confused why you got a journal in April - I didn't get my first journal until I turned 8.

Amander said...

"In the name of Jesus Christ Amen" and then you talk about your baths. That is great.

Natalie said...

Hey Carly, this is Natalie Olsen from the ward! I just found out you guys had a blog! I would love to become blogging buddies with you! Our blog is theolsenfamily-utah.blogspot.com if you want to check it out! P.S. You threw a great baby shower and congrats on the pregnancy!

The Wright Family said...

Look at that cute baby bump! i am so excited for you guys!

josh and jacqs said...

I totally knew it! Emma and I were seriously just talking about that the other day! I told her I asked you about getting prego and you were so funny about it! We guessed right! I am so excited for you guys, that is so much fun!