I mislead you. I don't look like the photo below anymore. Not even close. Here is what I looked like a couple days ago. That's what a tricky fetus I have. The pictures were taken 2 weeks apart!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
The truth...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
You are so small to begin with, of course Daniel's offspring will take up a lot of room (no offense Daniel, you are just really tall). You're baby bump is pretty cute and you wear it well. Congratulations!!
Love, the favorite-aunt-with-no-blood-relation to your child
Congrats! You do have a tricky fetus - can't wait to see the baby bump in person next week!
that fetus is just going to get trickier and trickier. Watch out, mama!
Whoa
me (C): I understand congratulations are in order!
Doug (D): Yes, it's true... I'm pregnant.
C: [laughs... mostly because I have nothing to say in reply to that]
D: Tina's out there right now, buying cribs and baby stuff.
Brett Sorensen (B): Isn't that jinxing the process, a little early to be buying that stuff?
D: (shrugging) You must strike while the iron is hot. Who else is going to buy those things? As for me, I'm moving on to nicknames [raises eyebrows in mock deviousness].
C: Isn't that jinxing the process or at least premature to make up nicknames when you don't know a gender or potential names?
D: Oh no, oh no [shakes head in mock condescension] it's NEVER too early for nick names.
C: I suppose nick names don't have to be gender-specific or name-based...
B: So what do you got?
D: [with suspense] ...Babyface.
B: [speechless]
C: [speechless] Kind of a mobster theme?
B: Oh c'mon Doug, can't you come up with something original?
D: More original than Babyface? How many Babyface Nielsons have you met in your life? (S)he'd be the only one I know.
C: Good point.
D: [shrugging his shoulder with his head tilted to one side, knowing he's won the point but pretending like it wasn't decisive]
Chris- I appreciate your comment.I like to imagine my dad talking about my unborn fetus (because I think he's pretty excited). But I would also like to say, what's my dad trying to take credit for? My mom was there for moral support and opinions only. I guess I am bitter about the cost of baby supplies, but I am taking the credit for those purchases. I had to barter with a Mexican man named Hugo in a sketchy warehouse in Springville for 2 hours in order to get a decent price on baby furniture.
Carly...your blog is so amusing to me. Mainly because I appreciate the sarcasm of it all (props to you for the creative announcement of your pregnancy on the blog. I may have to steal that one day...that day being when I choose to announce a pregnancy, of course.) When I found out on Sunday, before reading this blog and your 'scary point', I informed Daniel that this would be one of the most sarcastic and competetive children ever created! haha! I'm excited for the definite fun addition to this world! CONGRATS!
I had almost the same conversation with soon-to-be-grandpa Doug with the same references to buying things early and nicknames. Your belly is awesome btw!
Yo congrats! It's late, I'm blog-stalking, I meandered onto yours from Christopher's.... keep growing that fetus, keep it real, keep it gangsta.
From Doug
Thanks to all my friends for "ratting me out". I am looking forward to meeting this kid and playing with her or him. I'm imagining all the possible combinations of characteristics that might show up with this child. It's mind boggling, but very entertaining. I can picture Hugo in the fetus position licking his wounds and wimpering at home after his encounter with Carly. I love you guys. Maybe you'd like some of my other nicknames...Half or Full for all you wrestling fans.
Wonderful, wonderful news!!!! You look foxy.
Congratulations!! And I hear ya on the life sucking qualities of a fetus. In the not too distant future you will discover the life sucking qualities of a newborn! Awww the joys of parenthood!! Congrats again!
Post a Comment