Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On this day in 1993...

Let me start by explaining why I was an even weirder child than you may already think. I began writing in a journal just before 3rd grade. In 5th grade (and a couple times in later years as well) I went back and edited all my earlier journal entries. Luckily I can still read my original writing and I missed a lot of mistakes when I was editing. Stupid 5th grader.

Here is my entry from 3rd grade with my 5th grade addition in italics:

"March 9th 1993- I'm sorry I can't write right now. I probally won't get back to you. Sorry I never had time, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY AM! Love, Carly Oct 23, 1994. NOT Leap year"

In addition, here is a looong entry from a few days later:

"March 12th, 1993- I am sick. I hate being sick. And I hate snow. I'm tired of snow. Snow is stupid. I whant sumer to come right now. I'm sorry I am couldn't talk to you on March 9th because it was time to get ready to go to school. But now I can write all I whant. Geuss what yesterday mom rented six movies! She also bought two bags of chips that are Fritos and Ruffles and she bought two bottles of soda. Orange and Rootbeer. The titles of the moves are: Honey I Blew Up The Kid, Annie, Kiss Me Kate, House Sitter, Chariots Of Fire and Born Free. Matthew is screaming so now I have a head ache. But now he stopped.

You know what you are my very best friend. Not even Abby can beat how nice you are. Thanks. I think your'e pretty too. I love you.

You know when your'e sick it's amazing how many shows you watch that you usually don't watch. Okay I'll name the shows that I watched. Well here it goes Sesame Street, Exuse my spelling, Lamp Chop, Mr. Rogers, Shineing time station and Barner and friends.

Let me tell you a poem that I wrote. I just made it up and it's very short. It's called:

Habits By Carly John
A Habit is biting a nail,
And stepping a pail (by an accident)
A habit is having bad luck,
And not even having a buck (buck means money)
How did you like it I knew you would like it. Any way I have some things more to say about the movies. We watched Housesitter, Kiss Me Kate and Annie. Today we are going to watch Honey I Blew Up The Kid, Chariots of Fire and Born Free. I liked Annie the most then Housesitter then Kiss Me Kate. I might be able to catch you tomorrow.

Guess what I won the dribbling contest in basketball! I am going to have a ceremony at the High School and I am going to get a trophy. But it was pretty easy to beat the oyther kids because they were all pretty slow. Any they kept losing the ball. What you had to do was dribbe around the cones then shoot a basket if you fot it in they would take away two seconds. I got all the baskets in except one. Oh! I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that you go twice.

I only have 86 more pages till I'm done with this journal! I'm sorry. But I am going to transfer you to my new journal. The outside of my new journal is silk! My new journal is Chinese. But I'll always like this journal the best and I'll miss it. Well I'll be back writing tomorrow or in a couple of days. Bye."

There are so many awesome things about this journal entry that I will let it speak for itself.

6 comments:

Amander said...

Your journal posts are my favorite - sometimes they remind me so much of my journals when I was in elementary school.

I really love that you explained
"buck" means money.

Tina said...

My favorite part of your journals is when you address your journal as a person. "You are my best friend" or even better "You are pretty".

Meredith said...

You were such a deep child - some people really do make it a habit of never having money.
I guess mom was really come down on you at that time about biting your nails - it caused you to write poetry. And not having money is worse than biting your nails, you were trying to give her perspective.

Nick and Lexie said...

"I might be able to catch you tomorrow . . ." that's my favorite part of this whole entry. It definitely personifies your journal entry.

What is your child going to be like??? A combination of your journal entries and the image of Daniel wearing basketball shorts under everything he wore in high school makes me think that your child will be interesting. But it will have to be in order to either date or be friends with our kid.

G. Sterling McCoy said...

haha, thats funny how you break up your fellow bloggers. glad to be part of the atm clan, its exclusive company

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Oh my Gosh Carly, I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard! That was hilarious! So how was "Honey I Blew up the Kid?" Did your journal suffer from separation anxiety when you switched over to the new Chinese one?