1. Played with cups- a new favorite activity.
2. Packed up our apartment. We moved to Orem. For those who have asked, here are the details: about 1600 finished square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, big open kitchen/living room, unfinished basement for storage, 2 covered parking spots, small patio and side yard. While we don't love the inexplicably tiny refrigerator, '90's gold light fixtures, or the random wallpaper border in the half bath; we do love all the space. Hopefully I can post more pictures in the coming weeks as we get things set up in the new place.
Sadie actually loved playing in the bins. At least she did until she stood up against the side tipped it over.
3. Celebrated Cinco de Mayo. Sadie loves refried black beans. Seriously. I think it's probably because they had lots of cheese in them.
4. Read books. Sadie seems to actually enjoy reading books now. Before, she would just shove every page into her mouth. Now she'll touch the pictures and even talk to them. Just don't stay on the same page for too long- she doesn't seem to care much about plot development.
5. Started exploring. Up until last week Sadie only used her crawling to get to things she knew she wanted. Now she'll just cruise the apartment looking for trouble. She isn't comfortable enough in our new place to do that yet.
6. Practiced walking. Anyone who has attempted to hold a babies hands and walk with them has probably discovered that it doesn't take very long for your back to start aching. Daniel moves along with Sadie on a chair with wheels.
7. Pulled hair/grabbed faces. Sadie loves to grab people's faces. I thought most kids did this at an earlier age, but Sadie will often slap/scratch/grab your face when you hold her. She drew blood on a scratch to my neck the other day.
5 comments:
I am so EXCITED to play with her tomorrow!!! Why won't the time pass faster!
Amen. I can hardly wait.
Where in Orem are you?? We're in Orem too!
Did you move to Orem because it's 'Family City USA' and you now have a family?
You should introduce Sadie to Tolstoy.
Hey, Carly! How is everything going for you guys!?
If you'll buy a beach towel you like, and some white elastic sewing thread {I got mine at The Cotton Shop}, I can make the beach towel dress for you! :) Let me know, I would love to make it for you!
Post a Comment