Friday, July 2, 2010

No More Excuses

Alright, so we have been back from Boston for almost a month and I am still doing posts about it? Lame, I know. Back in Utah we have had some fun visits and a sad goodbye.


Sadie got a visit (and a present) from her godfather Jared.
He was in Utah for a couple days and he stopped by and saw us for a while. Sadie was fascinated with Jared's shoelaces and kept pulling them.

We said a sad goodbye to Sadie's babysitter Naomi. Babysitter isn't an accurate word because Naomi is more like an aunt- she feels like family. Naomi is due with another little boy, Jude, on July 21st so we had to find a new babysitter.

Naomi has been watching Sadie since she was 3 months old.
Naomi's son Hyrum really does feel like an older brother or cousin for Sadie.

We are really hoping Naomi decides to do daycare again when Jude gets a little older. We would bring Sadie back in a heartbeat. Sadie loves Naomi and Hyrum with all her little heart. The adjustment to a new babysitter has been a little rough for us all.

On a happier note, we also got a visit from Aunt Courtney all the way from Austin.

Sadie picked right back up with Courtney. She has always liked her.
Maybe it's all the clothing Courtney brings.
I really struggled to get a good picture of them together.




Side note: I have no idea why these last 2 pictures are blurry. Our camera just sucks. On top of random blurry it photos it also frequently turns off by itself, doesn't save pictures, and tells me that various parts are open (when they are shut). Does anyone have a suggestion for a "best bang for your buck" (good quality, decent price) camera? I have heard Canon Rebels are good, but I don't know anything about cameras. I'm not sure if I want something that requires much effort but I do love the higher quality pictures. I just need some advice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our Canon Power Shot and got a really good deal on it at Costco....but ALWAYS keep it in the case when you're not using it. We've had two different cameras end up with a "lens error" from opening in pockets and stuff.

lacy said...

I, too, suggest a canon point and shoot. Rebels are good, but a little more bells and whistles than most people need or want. And they are mostly too big to carry with you all the time. We love our Canon Powershot SD1000 (Digital ELPH). We got ours at Costco too, I believe. We got a lens error on ours and replaced it with the exact same one because we liked it so much. (Lens error was our fault, I'm pretty sure.) You should probably go with the newest ELPH model or close to it. It takes great images. That's what I cared about.