Sadie has a new obsession: shoes. She is frequently wearing only a diaper and shoes. The first thing she did this morning after I got her out of bed and changed her diaper was to bring me her new silver shoes to put on.
This is her before-church outfit yesterday morning. She brought me these cowboy boots to put on. They actually do fit her but when I took them off, her feet were reddish-brown. They used to be bookends on the bookshelf in her room but now they are functional shoes.
Today after lunch she was going back and forth between our room and hers as I was doing laundry. First she brought me this Disney princess nightgown (size 3T) that I just bought on clearance. I obliged her and put it on.
Then she got into her old shoes and insisted on trying them on. Notice her red shoes in the pictures above. Those are size 3-6 months and I shoved her toes into the end and let her walk on top of the strap. She waddled around in them for 5 minutes and then threw a tantrum. In this picture I tried to convince her to put on these silver shoes that actually fit her, but she wasn't convinced. She proceded to bring me all of her old shoes and throw tantrums when they wouldn't go on her feet.
I hid all of her old shoes high away from her view and I will continue to hide any pair she grows out of.
I hid all of her old shoes high away from her view and I will continue to hide any pair she grows out of.
4 comments:
How fitting that you should be having shoe wars with your daughter. I remember an argument I lost with you, when you wanted to wear your "Sunday shoes" outside in the sandbox, and I wouldn't let you. Tantrum ensued.
I love the cowboy boots! And I love that she is so oppinionated.
*opinionated...saw that I mispelled it as I was clicking publish comment
She takes after her great-grandmother.
Post a Comment