Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nana

Nana-- (as in my mom) not to be confused with 'nana (as in banana)-- came to visit. One day Sadie kept saying "Nana" to her, so she asked if she wanted a banana. Sadie forcefully pointed at herself and said "Sadie" and then pointed at my mom and said "Nana". Geez Mom, get it right.

If it seems like my mom was just here, she was. My little brother Matt is starting at BYU this week so she got him all settled and stayed to help me out. My parents are officially empty nesters. 30 years of children at home is over.

We had a busy week- long walks (I'm talking an hour plus), the park, aquarium, Chick-fil-A play place, swimming, and visiting BYU campus. It was so great to have my mom here to help. I would not have attempted most of it alone. Unfortunately I didn't end up with many pictures with my mom in them. Sadie hogged them all. Typical.

Aquarium
Sadie just kept talking about fish and boats the whole time.



Sadie didn't seem to care much about this frog, but since then whenever we talk about the aquarium she mentions the frog

I don't really care for aquariums much but the penguins were really cool

Sadie's souvenir- a fish-shaped lollipop

Too bad it got all over everything

BYU Campus

We visited Uncle Matt and made him carry Sadie across campus and take us out to lunch. Gotta love Dining Plus.

Swimming

It took Sadie about an hour to be willing to really get into the pool. She played on the steps or ran around the edge and leaned over dangerously for the first while.

Then Nana covinced her to get in. The next thing I know Sadie is using someone's massive turtle float and happily floating away as my mom pushes her around.

The next time I looked Sadie had grabbed this shark float too. She has not stopped talking about those floaties since. Thanks random grandpa at the pool who let us use them!

My mom's visit was great. I got to sleep in every day. We got to go on a date. Sadie got to do fun things. Thanks for coming, Mom. And for not hating my children even though Sadie is a bit of a brat right now and Elise screams whenever someone other than me tries to hold her. And for not hating me since I am more than a little grumpy when I don't sleep well. Sadie's going to be sad when she realizes you are gone.

Next up....Meredith arrives today!!!

4 comments:

lacy said...

What pool is that? It looks nice.

Carly said...

It's my friend's neighborhood pool in Lehi.

Carrie said...

Sounds like a fun visit. I'm glad you got to sleep in. Did we tell you that Will is now calling all pictures of girl babies and toddlers "Dede," which is his version of Sadie? Elise is too hard for him to say right now, but we'll work on it. Have fun with Meredith!

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

I don't know who Matt is, but if he has Dining Plus I want to be his friend.