The face of a 2-year-old
Sadie will probably always have at least 2 big birthday days. The first super fun day being her actual birthday. The second fun day being whenever Daniel gets back into town and we celebrate as a family. Unfortunately the last few days of July are open recruiting time for college basketball so Daniel will pretty much always be gone on July 29th- but that's ok, just more celebrating!
First up in this report- Sadie's actual birthday.
We went to one of Sadie's favorites- the Bean Museum at BYU. Tyler came with us and stayed with Sadie while she ran around yelling "big one!" over and over. For lunch we went to the Creamery on 9th. Sadie got a few balloons and we made the mistake of telling her she could have ice cream after lunch. Sadie threw a huge, whole-restaurant-staring-at-us tantrum when I attempted to have her eat a grilled cheese. Tyler took her outside while I finished my meal and packed up. Meanwhile, Sadie calmed down and decided she wanted ice cream after all. I normally do not give in to Sadie, but since it was her birthday I let her be a big brat and get ice cream after the huge meltdown. I only felt slightly judged by the Creamery patrons around me who witnessed it all.
Then Sadie had a LONG nap.
Following the epic nap we went to the Scera Pool with Alicia. Sadie decided that not only does she love jumping off the side of the pool but she loves swimming without help. All the sudden she started saying "kick kick kick!" and swimming around all alone.
Here she is with both feet off the ground kicking. I am so proud of her.
Next up- Sadie's little family birthday party on August 6th.
I kept her cake real simple and made a little design with her favorite candy- "m's". (Apparently she doesn't like that the real name is so repetitive).
Sadie's main present was a new-to-us kitchen and market. She loves it.
It has already gotten lots of use
Sadie was excited about the bags until we started showing her there were presents inside.
Then she got super excited and tore her way through them
We gave her awesome presents like candy and a big Magna doodle, but her favorites were two cars from Cars 2 from the Gessells.
Sadie ate a few bites of cake and then picked m&ms off the top. We were all satisfied with that. Sadie did, however, ask for birthday cake multiple times this week and then cry when I told her it was all gone.
Here she is getting happy about people singing to her and then finally blowing out her candles:
PS- super cute moment at 0:08, like super duper cute
First up in this report- Sadie's actual birthday.
We went to one of Sadie's favorites- the Bean Museum at BYU. Tyler came with us and stayed with Sadie while she ran around yelling "big one!" over and over. For lunch we went to the Creamery on 9th. Sadie got a few balloons and we made the mistake of telling her she could have ice cream after lunch. Sadie threw a huge, whole-restaurant-staring-at-us tantrum when I attempted to have her eat a grilled cheese. Tyler took her outside while I finished my meal and packed up. Meanwhile, Sadie calmed down and decided she wanted ice cream after all. I normally do not give in to Sadie, but since it was her birthday I let her be a big brat and get ice cream after the huge meltdown. I only felt slightly judged by the Creamery patrons around me who witnessed it all.
Then Sadie had a LONG nap.
Following the epic nap we went to the Scera Pool with Alicia. Sadie decided that not only does she love jumping off the side of the pool but she loves swimming without help. All the sudden she started saying "kick kick kick!" and swimming around all alone.
Here she is with both feet off the ground kicking. I am so proud of her.
Next up- Sadie's little family birthday party on August 6th.
I kept her cake real simple and made a little design with her favorite candy- "m's". (Apparently she doesn't like that the real name is so repetitive).
Sadie's main present was a new-to-us kitchen and market. She loves it.
It has already gotten lots of use
Sadie was excited about the bags until we started showing her there were presents inside.
Then she got super excited and tore her way through them
We gave her awesome presents like candy and a big Magna doodle, but her favorites were two cars from Cars 2 from the Gessells.
Sadie ate a few bites of cake and then picked m&ms off the top. We were all satisfied with that. Sadie did, however, ask for birthday cake multiple times this week and then cry when I told her it was all gone.
Here she is getting happy about people singing to her and then finally blowing out her candles:
PS- super cute moment at 0:08, like super duper cute

4 comments:
Sadie grabbing Daniel's hand was so precious!
I was there and I totally missed that moment. It was adorable. He really is a good dad.
That kitchen/market is amazing. Where did you end up finding it?
When she grabs her Dad's hand it looks as though she is scared. I love it! What a FUN FUN kitchen/market! What a cutie! Happy Happy Birthday Miss Sadie!
Post a Comment