Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Fam Pics

 I pretty much forgot Janica had taken family pictures for us last month until she sent them to me the other day. I think I pushed it out of mind because I knew there would not be a single decent picture due to the fact that Sadie was her usual, difficult self and Elise was unusually fussy. I am happy to say I was wrong. I love a lot of them. 

Janica was running a special a few months ago where for $40 (yep, you read that right- $40), she would come to your house and do a lifestyle shoot. Essentially, she would take pictures in more of an everyday setting doing everyday things and all we had to pay for was the film and film processing. I jumped on that as quick as I could because a) I am the cheapest person ever, b) Janica is both a friend and a great photographer and I prefer friends taking my picture, and c) Sadie is more herself in familiar surroundings. For our pictures we read books in Sadie's room, played on the guest bed in Elise's room, and played with bubbles in the front yard. Here are a few of my favorites. I might share more in other posts.
 (The main reason I included the one above on the left- why are Elise's pants pulled up to her chest? I blame Daniel, he got her dressed that day)
 (Love this one- reading Sadie's favorite, A Fly Went By, with Sadie yelling "DOG!!")

 Thanks for the great pictures Janica. Sorry you gained nothing but the memories of trying to get my kids to cooperate.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are great! What a great family!

hosander said...

Hey, I know Janica! Those are some great pictures, I prefer the natural, no pressure candid shots myself (as I'm sure kids do as well)

Meredith said...

I love the one of you and elise- your eyes look amazing. The one of sadie running with the bubbles looks like it is an ad, it is awesome. So did you get any good ones of your two girls for me to frame in their cousin's room?

Kristina said...

What cute pictures! Since people are offering their "favorites" I'm going to say I like them all but the last one is my pick for cutest, probably because everyone looks so happy while Elise looks like she is just tolerating everyone.

The Vieiras said...

Love seeing your cute family! We STILL have never had any "real" pictures taken of our family! I think after the little man is born, we'll have to remedy that.

Carrie said...

These are great! Love Elise's high waist. It was fun seeing you all this week!

Amander said...

Those are awesome! I really love that they are at your house - it makes them so much more personal.

(And also, I think we should be more real-life friends. Lexie and I discussed it - we should go on a friend date.)