Thursday, November 17, 2011

Princess Dance

 
Sadie's little friend, Ella, had the best birthday party ever. The invitation had Disney Princesses on it and Sadie was immediately hooked on whatever it was that piece of paper meant. She got it in her head it was a princess dance and told me she was going to a princess dance for Ella's party the entire week leading up to it. We actually went to Disney on Ice with a little group of girls and moms (and Ella's dad and aunt too). 
 
I was nervous because Sadie fell asleep on our way to the party. She opted to play in her crib instead of nap that day so we were starting off the evening exhausted. I needn't have worried because I think it's safe to say that this show is in the top 5 events of Sadie's whole life. She was captivated, almost in a trance, the entire time. I couldn't get her to respond to anything I said or did.
I could only get this shot of the back of Sadie's head watching Tinkerbell fly. I can't really blame her. The show was really entertaining. I found myself singing along a little bit and getting into it.
The costumes during the Lion King scenes were awesome. They had the animal figures on wires attached to their arms and when they skated it moved the animal up and down. They reenacted the scene where Mufasa is killed. It was slightly unnerving, but it looked super cool. Each skater had two wildebeest heads, one on each shoulder, and they skated close to each other, chasing Mufasa and Simba. I was too distracted by it to get a picture.

Towards the end of the show Sadie got very concerned with where Ella was and insisted that she sit right next to her. She just happened to glance over as I was trying to get a photo of her focused on the show, sitting between the Dunns.
Happy 3rd Birthday, Ella! Thanks for inviting us!

1 comments:

Tina said...

found this entry "back" one entry. So cute! I never took you guys, because I didn't think you would like it that much. Sounds like I was completely wrong! How fun that she was so excited.