Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer Activities

We had a lot of fun in the past week or two. 

1. The girls rode in the car cart together. It only lasted 5 minutes. Elise climbed out the side and she was then buckled into the cart seat.

2.  We hit up the Spanish Fork splash pad with the Faucettes. After a little snafu in finding the splash pad and then the kids being cautious about getting wet, everyone had tons of fun. 
Hunter laid down and pretended to sleep a lot of the time. Elise was very concerned about him.
This little boy followed Elise around for a while and stood really close to her. I couldn't stop laughing.
Sadie hates getting her face wet, so I was thrilled when she finally decided to jump into the sprinklers. 
The babes hung out under the canopy and posed with sunglasses.
Kaylie and I took about 50 pictures of these two with the sunglasses, so only posting 2 here is an amazing display of self-control.

3. Played with bubbles. This is almost a daily activity. 
Playing with bubbles is like playing with chalk- it keeps the kids occupied for a while, but everyone gets so dirty that I really don't like doing it. 
Elise started wearing shoes outside and she loves it for the most part. 

4. We played in the basement on the really hot days.
I took a picture to document the girls playing together well again. 

5. The old reliable- the kiddie pool. Most days we play in it with our neighbors, the Sullivans. 
First, Elise looks exactly like my dad in that photo. Second, here's another photo of the girls interacting positively, meaning, no one is crying. 

6. Sadie and Elise watched movies while laying on the floor together. Another positive interaction?

7. We watched the Olympics. I spent 10 minutes trying to get a good picture of the swim commentators who stand awkwardly close and frequently face each other as they speak. I got an awesome one with them gazing into each other's eyes, about 2 inches apart, but I erased it and kept this one by accident.











2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha. Okay, so I still plan on doing a whole blog post about Olympic commentators, because Nick and I were constantly laughing at them. They are maybe my favorite part of the Olympics.

Kaylie and Garrett said...

I kept probably 10 of the pictures of Elise and Emett with the sunglasses. I am convinced they are all cute and all different, but I'm sure everyone would think they were all the same. Cute babes!