Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween '12

Well, Halloween is over. My friend Margaret commented that it seemed like the Halloween season lasted for weeks and weeks and I totally agree. It felt like it took forever to get here. Of course that could be because we got the girls' costumes at the end of August and we started going to pumpkin patches in September.

On our last trip to Jaker's Jack-o-Lantern's
We had our church Halloween party the Saturday before Halloween. Sadie could not wait. We invited the Faucettes to come along, which made her even more excited. We had some extra time so we curled her hair (with my new curling wand, which I cannot recommend enough) and put on a little sparkly make-up. 
What is going on here? Maniacal laugh while strangling?!
We had the kids take a little Halloween costume pic and off we went to the party. 
The kids had a great time. We came home and put the 1-year-olds to bed and talked while the toddlers played in the basement until way past their bedtime.

Dance class was another chance to dress up this week. I loved all the kids in dancing around in costume.

On Halloween itself the girls and I went around UVU visiting various co-workers. 
 We always have employees with amazing costumes in the library so we stopped there first. Sadie got scared so we rode the elevator up to my office (a favorite activity of both girls) and ate a little candy. 
We took 20 minutes to walk across campus to Daniel's office because Elise insisted on walking by herself.  We bothered the other coaches for a bit, picked up some more candy, and headed on our way. Daniel had a game that night so this was his chance to see the girls.
Sadie had gymnastics in the afternoon so I dressed up Elise in her skeleton pjs. She spent the entire class walking around the corner and then popping back around, trying to scare me. 
 Sadie's teacher transformed her leg boot into a ruby slipper and the girls all loved it. Sadie doesn't know who Dorothy is but she can get on board with anything sparkly.

We rushed home after gymnastics and grabbed some pizza before heading out for trick-or-treating.
 My girls. They are dressed up as Tiana (Sadie's choice) and Louis the Alligator from Princess and the Frog. Unfortunately, Elise's costume is kind of more a dragon than an alligator. Oh well. 
 Sadie and Claire were not excited about taking another picture. Get candy!!!
 Sadie and Claire ran from house to house, both knocking/ringing the doorbell. Sadie showed me each new piece of candy she got and yelled, "I got more candy!!!!" Hillary came with us and carried Elise to most of the doors. After about 20 minutes and Elise attempting to eat several pieces of wrapped candy, we just put her in the stroller with a lollipop. She couldn't have cared less about picking up more candy.
The girls with their Hillary at the end of the night. 
Sadie helped me give out candy until the late hour of 7:40 and then went to bed. She woke up crying out later for chocolate and candy, so I think we'll call Halloween a success. 

Til next Halloween! Think we can still make Elise be the goofy sidekick to whatever Sadie chooses in 2013? I sure hope so. 

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Weston had the same costume as Elise! I didn't realize that until now, even though you posted a preview of her costume a while ago. Too bad they weren't together for Halloween.

Carrie said...

I agree--Halloween seemed to drag on forever this year. Your girls look cute, as usual. I asked my mom for a curling wand for Christmas, so I'm glad to hear you like them.