Last week as I was making dinner I heard lots of laughter coming from the basement. So cute that my girls were laughing together. As the laughter escalated I started wondering what could be the cause. All at once my mom superpower took over and I just knew what they were doing. I grabbed my camera and headed downstairs. I came around the corner to find this.
Both of them were dumping handfuls of flour on Elise's head.
A few days earlier Sadie had helped me open our Costco sized flour bag and refill the container upstairs. I had stupidly left it in the middle of the floor, just begging for children to get into it.
All I could do was laugh at them. I called Daniel downstairs and we laughed so hard we cried. But then the girls thought it was funny and continued to do it.
I gave the girls a bubble bath while Daniel rid the basement of flour. Unfortunately, my first instinct was to try to wash the flour out of Lou's hair. I didn't stop to think that adding water to flour would make a doughy mess. I should have just vacuumed Elise's head. Finally, almost 2 weeks later, we have all the clumps of flour off her scalp.
Sadie happily posed with one of the dustpans of flour after her bath.
Since this incident she has talked about it multiple times and suggested that next time we do it we should have it outside.
Was there any kind of lesson learned there? Maybe don't laugh so loud if you want to enjoy the mess for longer?
1 comments:
Those are some cute cute pictures...I'm glad that you laughed!
Post a Comment