Monday, May 6, 2013

Tulips


We went to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point with Sadie's friends, Hunter and Jenna (and each of their moms and younger brothers). I have never been before and it did not disappoint. Of course it helped that it was a perfectly sunny day with a slight breeze to keep us from getting hot. 
As walked along the paths the 3 older kids raced ahead. I was afraid we would be done quickly but I had no idea how massive the Thanksgiving Point gardens are.
The saddest part of the trip was that my camera phone was doing crazy things. Notice how the sky is a crazy color in the picture above? I thought the camera was breaking until a few days later I figured out that Sadie had put it on some weird setting. Score one for the next generation- already confusing us parents with newfangled technology. In any event, I didn't take many pictures of the tulips because the coloring was crazy.
We probably could have spent 2 hours feeding the fish. The kids begrudgingly moved on with the promise of more cool stuff. 
 And this pool with fountains came through in a major way. 
 It is pretty much a miracle that we got out of there without anyone falling in. Elise and Emmet's little legs dangled in the air as they reached for the water.
 The kids took the opportunity to rolls down a couple big hills and then we ended the trip as any good trip to Thanksgiving point should.
 Free ice cream. 













0 comments: