When we switched babysitters a few months ago Sadie went through a rough patch. Her old sitter, Naomi, is a mother of 3 young kids (1 born this week--hence the switch) and did a great job being strict with Sadie. We now have babysitters come to our house, which is very convenient, but they are not as strict and Sadie took advantage of them being more permissive. The thing about Sadie is she thrives in a rule-oriented setting. She really does. It took me a while to realize it, but when we are more lax with Sadie and let her dictate things she starts acting up.
Ice cream date with Mom
I put together a behavior chart where Sadie earns stickers when she makes good choices and loses stickers with not-so-good choices. When she reaches 40 stickers she gets a small reward. After 3 weeks with the sticker chart we are back on track. Sadie's behavior is vastly improved and we are all happier.
PS- The day after I got back from Chicago Sadie told me she wanted me to take lots of pictures of her. Don't you love the Crystal Light mouth stain? She says it is her make-up.
And when I refused to take more she took some selfies
PPS- I used my leftover nail stickers on Sadie's nails. They looked adorable until her bath that night when she peeled them all off.



0 comments:
Post a Comment