Alicia and Hillary came to visit us last week for a little girls weekend and a baby shower for Alicia. My little girls loved all the attention. Although at one point there was some kind of altercation between Alicia and Elise over a bathing suit and their relationship was never the same. Elise can sure hold a grudge.
We swam, went to the park, hung out, and did all things baby shower. We did our fair share of talking/eating, but we also kept ourselves busy. Unfortunately I neglected to take many pictures besides the ones at the shower (and they all have terrible lighting). That's the sign of a great visit, right? Too busy to take pictures?
Hillary baked delicious treats and I handled the decor/cleaning.
We kept the shower simple- food, presents, and one activity: onesie decorating.
At first glance onesie decorating sounds difficult and overwhelming to me, but it was actually the easiest and cutest thing ever.
We bought iron-on sheeting and a bunch of cheap fabric squares. We did the first step of ironing the fabric to the sheeting before anyone arrived.
All the guests had to do was cut out whatever design they wanted, peel off the backing, and iron it onto the onesie. I am kicking myself that I didn't get a good picture of the final products. They turned out adorable. Almost made me want another child so I can make some more.
After the shower we spent hours cleaning up, getting baby stuff organized, and making more onesies.
On Sunday Hillary and Alicia got to experience the drama that is Sacrament Meeting at 2:15 PM with a 3- and 2-year-old.
We said good-bye on Monday, which may or may not have included tears from Hillary and Sadie.
We love you Hillary and Alicia!





2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm jealous. Wish I could have been there (I kind of think I'm part of the John family).
And Alicia is an adorable pregnant woman.
Wish there was a way to just check "love it!" because I can never think of something clever to say, but I love every post you do about you or your darling girls.
Post a Comment