My girls and I are very spoiled. We have gotten to visit Boston 3 times in the past year. I guess the older I get the more time I want to spend at home. Here is part 1 of our trip.
We prepared for the airplane with lots of tasty snacks and movies, which were put to good use as soon as we were up to cruising altitude. The girls wanted to sit together so naturally I allowed them to sit behind me with Daniel. I had the hard time of collecting garbage and passing back new snacks as needed.
The first morning we slept in a bit and then headed over to a free day at the Stone Zoo. It was suffocatingly humid, but manageable for this small zoo. My mom had gone on the website beforehand and read Sadie a list of all the animals so Sadie was set on seeing all of them. The one thing that has stuck with her is the stinky smell of the bats.
Elise's favorite animal was the piggy.
This picture was taken in b&w by accident but I like the matching expressions.
That night we went to the Red Sox-Blue Jays game sans children. My mom stayed home with the 3 grandchildren while the rest of us lived it up in the center field bleachers. I love Fenway.
Saturday morning was spent at Alicia's baby shower. She was given lots of great presents and we took a few hours after the shower to sort all the baby clothes.
After naps that day we headed downtown, one of the first times my girls have gotten to enjoy the city. We rode the swan boats and merry-go-round and then waded in Frog Pond. I hadn't been on the swan boats since 2nd grade, so it was exciting for me as well.
The grandchildren in the sweet double stroller the Maxfield's scored from freecycle.
The weather was perfect. Too bad angry Elise showed up once we told her she couldn't get in the water. Angry Elise has started to show up more and more frequently since Lou turned 2. She gets mad about something and yells "no" while simultaneously throwing everything she can get her hands on.


Boarding the merry-go-round pacified angry Elise.
Next up was Frog Pond, which I had been ice skating on in the winter, but never swimming in during the summer. Sadie ran around dancing and telling Bryce secrets. My sisters and I talked. Elise was happy for a short time.....
....and then Angry Elise showed up again. Daniel tried walking around the gardens to distract her for a while--she even got a free balloon-- but angry Elise wanted to go on the merry-go-round again.
We walked out of the park with both our kids screaming. Elise was just Angry Elise and Sadie wanted a balloon. They both cried the entire ride home and my parents were reminded how glad they are to be done with the toddler stage of life.





















1 comments:
At that moment, yes, but the rest of the time when they were so darling it made me happy to be a grandparent and get to see them and play with them. Come back soon!
Post a Comment