Finally sitting down to round out the Boston trip. Picking up where I left off last time...
Wednesday morning we hung out at Meredith and Steven's new apartment in Massachusetts, where they'll be until they move to Minnesota next year for Steven's ophthalmology residency. Sadie and Elise dumped out every possible toy while Weston toddled happily. He is generally such a happy, cute kid. It makes me so sad I don't get to see my niece and nephews more. I didn't get any pictures of their place. Boo!
We came back to my parents house and the girls played some more. They got into the dress-up clothes and we had a dance party.
That night we gorged ourselves on a Chinese food feast. Good old Szechuan Garden.
We had one goal for Thursday, July 4th: swimming. We tried one cute splash park/pool but it was closed. The people there suggested another free public pool that is actually only about 2 miles from my parents house. My parents have lived there for 25 years and we never knew about this pool! We arrived before the pool opened so Papa saved the day by purchasing some tasty popsicles that the kids devoured/dripped all over themselves. The pool was very reminiscent of the one in The Sandlot, which is our family's favorite July 4th flick. Too bad we didn't spot any Wendy Peffercorns.
Back at home some of us got naps while others made dinner.
Following another massive meal we hung out and laughed at/with the kids. I had really hoped to go see some fireworks but I was outvoted by the rest of the adults and since the kids didn't know what they were missing, we opted to stay home and break out the glow-sticks once the sun went down. Things got a little bit crazzzy with the glow-sticks and it almost made up for skipping fireworks. Almost.
Early the next day we flew back to Utah. The girls were well-behaved on the plane until we landed. Then Elise screamed- literally screamed- at the top of her lungs for 25 minutes while we waited to de-plane. The people around us were all very angry and I didn't really care. The girls had to get up at 5 AM and they were troopers. I took the pictures below 5 minutes after we got into the van to drive home.



















1 comments:
miss you guys!
Post a Comment