....7 1/2 days in a row without Daniel. Daniel travels a lot for work. Like, a lot a lot. But it's usually only 4 or 5 day stints at the most. I think 7 1/2 days is the longest he's ever been gone. The challenge increases when you add in the fact that we were in vacation hangover mode, which is always rough.
Here's how we all survived:
Day 1
No pictures. We flew back from Boston in the morning and then Daniel left in the afternoon. The rest of us ate dinner and went to bed early.
Day 2
Hung out with good friends.
Day 3
Let the girls climb and jump all over me after church.
Day 4
Lindon Pool with the Proffitts. I treated them to blue cotton candy. Between 5 kids it was gone in 30 seconds. Sadie likes Booker enough that she didn't cry about it.
Day 5
I observed that Sadie was in a whiny mood and stupidly still invited her friend Claire over for a play-date.
Sadie and Claire fought for almost 2 hours straight- pretty much all caused by Sadie- while Elise waddled around in her dragon costume. The play-date ended in disaster when I had to send Claire home between bouts of Sadie's tantrums and time-outs. I lost my cool with Sadie and the only saving grace was Elise, who insisted on leaving the dragon costume on for hours.
Day 6
A recovery day. We all took naps. Some of us took naps in ballet attire.
Day 7
A visit to our new favorite spot- Manila Creek Park.
Day 8
Trip Nielson's Grove Park to feed the ducks and roast in the 101 degree heat.
And then Daniel came home and we all breathed a sigh of relief.












2 comments:
7.5 days is sooo long without help. I don't know how you do it with him being gone even 3 days at a time frequently. Impressive.
I'm impressed!
Post a Comment