July is a busy month of travel for Daniel. There are lots of high school age girls to get out and watch! (I will never tire of making those creepy jokes) I have found the best way to deal with all of Daniel's travel is to stay busy. It makes the time pass by much faster. And the girls and I don't drive each other crazy when we have fun stuff to do.
Here is some of the stuff we did during Daniel's first week of travel.
Tummy time while I watched American Ninja Warrior, my new favorite show. That kind of work out by Camille led to some snuggles from a tired girl.
Picnic at the splash pad. Below, the girls turned into rocks for a while.
More night time fun with Millie
A visit to the library.
These pictures are a great illustration of our girls. Elise won't stop moving for a picture. Sadie asks me to take one and poses like this.
Park trip
At a stop light between errands.
The Bean Museum with the Faucettes. Again, Lou cannot stop for a picture. Right after this she knocked over the velvet rope barrier around the giraffe.
Testing out our new umbrella sun shade.
A trip to Manila Creek Pond. Elise always swims way far out by herself.
One silly Millie
Our set-up on the grass. Yes, I did carry all that in one trip.
The wind picked up just as we were going on a walk to find ducks to feed. I hadn't staked the umbrella so it flipped over. I went back to fold it up and the wind turned Camille's stroller towards the beach. It was one of the funnier experiences of my life as I looked over my shoulder and saw Camille in her stroller rolling down the sand to the water. I sprinted back and caught the runaway stroller before it hit the pond. It was quite a spectacle for the other people around us. One of them helped me fold up the umbrella.
After that drama the girls were thrilled to feed the ducks. All of Elise's bread got stuck in rocks.
More nighttime snuggling
A baby t-rex was on the prowl in our house
And Daniel surprised us by arriving home a day early. Nothing better than that.


















1 comments:
1.I love your creepy jokes making fun of Daniel's scouting.
2. Millie looks like she is such a fun cuddler.
3. I wish I lived by you so I could tag along.
Post a Comment