Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sades



This girl went and turned 5 years old today. FIVE!
We are going to have a fun day where I basically let her do whatever she wants because I am burned out from Daniel being gone for 8 days. I think I will let her open a new present every few hours. 

Sadie is a complicated kid. 
Shy, but also loves to be recognized in front of big groups
Loves princesses, but insists she will be a scientist when she grows up.
Happy to tell us she loves us, but quick to announce she doesn't want to be in the family anymore.
Whines about cleaning the basement, but makes her bed each morning without being reminded.
Plays pretend for hours alone, but asks for play dates every day.
The perfect student, just not for her parents.
Begs to wear make up every day, but cries about cleaning out/clipping her fingernails.
Asks to hold Camille 50 times a day, but after 10 seconds tells me Millie is fussy (when she isn't)
Favorite show is Winx (TERRIBLE SHOW ON NETFLIX), but constantly asks me about dinosaurs

Obviously there is more to Sadie than this. I am amazed at the high-caliber of child that I can claim as mine. Sadie is so smart, capable, creative, stubborn, and thoughtful.
The other night when I was putting her to bed she brought up all of the following in a short time:
-why we are baptized when we are 8 years old
-what sin is
-why there are no more dinosaurs on the earth
-dinosaur dwellings
-how she wished Disney princesses were real and how it would be so cool if they came to our house and watched their own movies with Sadie
-which types of bears prefer which climates
-how I knew I was in love with Daniel
-

3 comments:

Tina said...

I LOVE these questions! Reminds me of putting my kids to bed. She's so amazing. I love Sadie.

Meredith said...

This is one of my favorite posts. I love how complicated Sadie is and I am so impressed with her questions. I would love to hear your answers to these questions.

Carrie said...

Sadie is an impressive girl. I hope you all had a fun day celebrating her!