Thursday, November 6, 2014

Frozen Halloween

Halloween was a fun day. There was so much anticipation leading up to it. 
Friday morning we attended Sadie's school costume parade. It was fun. I have no memory of ever wearing costumes to elementary school, I know we didn't have any kind of a costume parade.
Camille was fussy and I was trying to console her and take pictures, so all of them are blurry.

We quickly ate when I got home from work and then got the girls ready. Elise did not want her hair in a tight ponytail under her wig, so she opted for pigtails, which were very visible. 
Camille's Olaf costume consisted of an all white outfit with black construction paper buttons.
And, of course, Sadie, along with 75% of little girls, was Elsa.
 Trick-or-treating with young kids is just plain fun. It is. They love it and their excitement is contagious. It's also really fun to walk around the neighborhood and see all the neighbors and friends dressed up. We ran into our neighbors from down the street (also with 3 girls- 2 of whom were dressed up as Elsa) and we ended up walking with them much of the time.
Elsa's everywhere!

On Saturday morning Sadie asked me about what holiday comes in November. We talked a little about Thanksgiving and she said she doesn't remember ever celebrating it. I guess a good savory meal really doesn't stick in a kid's mind. She decided to just skip that and start counting down to Christmas. 

3 comments:

Tina said...

When i read "A Frozen Halloween" I was assuming that it was cold! But of course, every little girl wanted to be Elsa! In Belmont I think only kindergarteners got to wear costumes, and I think they had a parade around the rest of the school. But no one else. And maybe that ended sometime between the older kids in our family and the younger ones.

Alicia said...

I remember wearing my jasmin costume to school in Kindergarten, but not after that. There were a lot of ELsa's here too, but few had Anna and Olaf with them!

Carrie said...

You guys do a good job of coordinating the kids for Halloween. Cute girls!