Saturday, November 1, 2014

Papa John's Visit

My dad came out for my cousin's wedding last weekend. We all loved it, even if Camille cried every time he tried to hold her for the first day or so. We dragged Papa to several restaurants, the park, a random strangers house to try out a jungle jumparoo, Hee Haw farms, the wedding reception and church. Not to mention that the girls woke up sinfully early each morning to race down to the basement and wake Papa up. He brought them a new ABC train puzzle, which got assembled approximately 5,000 times. They also forced him into Pandora dance parties at least twice a day.

Park Trip
An adorable game of frankenstein/monster/vampire chase
Camille's first time in a swing

Hee Haw Farms
Do those face holes look kind of small for kids? And what is with the hole right above the ground? Is the kid supposed to lay on the ground to stick his face through? Oh wait, yeah, this was a bean bag toss. I laughed for 10 minutes straight when we realized.
I passed on the petting zoo area, but Elise actually pet the baby goat several times.
Couldn't skip the pony ride, even if it cost extra this year.
Corn maze
The girls tried about every possible position to go down the slide.
A terrible hay ride
Sadie had a huge meltdown and Elise added a mini meltdown when it was time to go home. I always love when my parents get to be reminded why they enjoy being grandparents.

Wedding Reception
We really should rent Sadie out for receptions. The second the music started she was out there tearing it up with people she never met, along with some of my cousins' kids.
Sadie got to participate in a conga line for the first time. Important rite of passage there. I think my first conga line wasn't until Shira Hahn's bat mitzvah in 7th grade.

Sadie insisted on a picture as Papa was carrying his suitcase out the door. 

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That park and dinosaur rocker look pretty amazing. I'm impressed with Sadie's dedication to dance. We'll have to get some dance parties going when we see you guys this winter.

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard at the bean bag toss. I want to see Sadie dance.

Chera Reese said...

How was the jungle jumparoo? I've thought about getting one for Christmas one year. Also I was so confused about the holes in that picture until you said it was a beanbag toss game. I wouldn't have figured it out on my own. Ha ha.