Sunday, February 8, 2015

1 Month Unemployed

February marks 1 whole month of non-full-time employment for me. I am still working for Epic Relays but since it is about 5 hours a week, it feels more like a hobby sometimes. People keep asking me how it feels to be staying at home and it mostly feels the same. I have noticed that I have much less patience now that I have no break from my kids. I am working on staying calm with them but I need to find an outlet for myself. I want to be able to enjoy them more. I feel like I am spending so much time and energy breaking up fights and addressing constant whining that I have no energy to have fun with my kids! The fact that my kids have been constantly sick probably doesn't help.

Anyway, here's some stuff from this first week of the month. I am not committed to doing a post like this every week, but it does make blogging really simple.

Monday, February 2- A happy Mills

Tuesday, February 3- Sadie spent a while texting some relatives. She got all giddy any time someone responded. Uncle Ben was the fastest responder so he got the most texts. I figured it was good practice for typing. They sent pictures to a few lucky recipients.
After school I walked into the kitchen and Sadie announced she had made a "party mix" for them. It consisted of grapes, chocolate chips, carrots and cheetos. They both used several mixing spoons to eat it. Each of the girls ate everything in their bowls.

Wednesday, February 4- We've had some crazy warm weather lately, but not quite warm enough I am ready to send Elise outside in her outfit of choice (underwear and a cardigan)
Library and park trip. No jackets on February 3rd??

 Thursday, February 5- Camille had her 9 month appointment and Elise was examined as well. She had been complaining about sharp ear pain and laying around all morning. The doctor found dried blood and a very slight infection in her ear but she couldn't really explain the sudden onset of bad pain. There were no other symptoms- no fever, swollen glands, red throat. We treated Lou with antibiotics and she seems fine now, but I don't know that she really needed antibiotics.

Friday, February 6- Another jacket-free park trip. This weather is insane. This time we brought along a few of Sadie's cute friends.

Saturday, February 7- Uncle Matt and Aunt Coco's birthdays. We treated Matt to a trip to the Creamery on 9th and then a BYU women's basketball game. What can I say? I am the best sister ever. I even let him feed Camille a bottle during the game.

1 comments:

hosander said...

I love the party mix idea. Some ladies in my area play basketball Monday and Friday mornings and Wednesday nights if you are interested...