A few months ago I wrote a post about how I had been running more. I am proud to say I am still running! It has been 5 months. This is the longest I have consistently exercised in about 10 years. In the past I was always on extremes- either somewhat sedentary or exercising a ton, but it only lasted a few months. This time I have toned it down so that I don't dread it. I run 3 times a week and walk 2 or 3 times. I created my own training schedule kind of based on a couch to 10K program that I liked.
Anyway....the past couple months I have been running outside more on the Murdock trail, which goes up behind our neighborhood. There are some really pretty views.
I am super curious about this big beautiful house by all the farm land. This farm actually borders Sadie's elementary school.
For Mother's Day Daniel got me some workout clothes, which I asked for. I feel very self conscious/somewhat silly in tight leggings so I took some pictures and asked my friends for their opinions. I still feel a little funny in the pink ones, but who cares.
One morning when I was scheduled just to walk Sadie asked to come with me. We ran when she wanted to, which ended up being about 1 mile and then we walked 3 miles. We had a great conversation and it was really fun.
Finally, an embarrassing selfie. I ran a 5K in May and went directly to Sadie's last soccer game. I wanted to see if I looked really gross so I took this picture. It is the only picture I took close to the race so it will have to serve as my documentation that I ran in my first 5K. It was kind of anticlimactic because I run more than 3 miles frequently so it didn't feel like much of an accomplishment. I wish I had gotten a friend to do it with me.






2 comments:
I tutored geometry at that beautiful house!! It's amazing, right?!
Excited for the 10k, but you need to slow down for me :)
Post a Comment