Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving

Our annual thankful tree. Elise wrote her own name on several leaves this year. Sadie wrote out several leaves as well, but she chose to be grateful for more than herself. Some things we are thankful for: house, cousins, airplanes, food, our hearts, coloring, milk, Mrs. Fanning, basketball, music, grandparents, and more.

We had a small Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night because Daniel was leaving the next morning for a tournament in LA. We had ham instead of turkey because I didn't feel like putting in the effort for just our family and Daniel doesn't love turkey. We had my brother Matt here with us for the break from BYU.

I attempted a 10k on Thanksgiving. I had to walk a mile in the middle of it but it felt good to push myself. It was only about 27 degrees so I got a bit cold, but later on the temperature dropped even more and the wind picked up so I was lucky to get the run in when I did.

 The girls insisted on lunch at noon even though we were going to Daniel's Aunt Sharman and Uncle Jim's house a few hours later. Kids just don't appreciate the good food and baking efforts that Thanksgiving takes.

 We went to Jim and Sharman's house for Thursday's Thanksgiving dinner. It was really fun for everyone. The girls were distracted and excited about all the new toys, especially their dress-up collection. They ran around in costumes, setting spells on people and being loud. It was great for me to get a break from being home taking care of my kids alone. I just really appreciate the Bloods for having us over. I had extremely low expectations for Thanksgiving and it was a good day.
Sadie brought this ring home from their house "by accident". I texted Sharman a picture to see if it was important and she said Sadie could have it. Sadie has been doing chores to earn it. We have had several talks about being stealing and being honest. 

That night I went to a late showing of the last Hunger Games movie with Sharman and Kate while Matt hung out at my house. I loved the movie and only marginally regretted staying up until 1 AM to see it.

0 comments: