Friday, April 15, 2016

Easter

Easter came so early this year and we had traveled so much in the weeks before that I didn't do much. Luckily, Mimi sent the girls an adorable Easter package. The girls were thrilled. 

We were planning on having the annual Saturday-before-Easter Faucette-Nielson egg hunt at our house, but our floors were re-finished the day before and we still weren't supposed to have furniture on them. So we moved it down to the Faucettes.

Daniel had to make an appearance at the football team's spring scrimmage on our way to the Faucette's so I took the girls down to the team room. Daniel ended up taking almost an hour so I was very happy we weren't stuck in the car. Sadie and Elise found this sign and insisted on a picture.

When we got to the Faucette's the dads hid the eggs around the yard while the kids waited not-so-patiently.
It was very exciting when we finally told them they could go search. I didn't get any pictures of Sadie because she was too fast. Millie had pretty much no interest. She would occasionally pick up the eggs and put them back down. This left me with Lou as my lone photo subject. She did a great job.
When the hunt was over we forced the kids to take the obligatory shot with their baskets. Look at that adorable shot of all 8 participants. Too lazy to crop out the shadow of me taking the picture. 

Sadie and Hunter giggled their way through unloading the egg contents into their baskets. I love that they have known each other since birth and they are genuinely good friends. They play so well together.

I didn't take any pictures on Easter Sunday. I was tired Saturday night and then when we woke up we realized the Easter bunny forgot to visit. While the girls were watching a show that tricky bunny snuck into the house and hid their baskets after filling them up. Sadie says she heard bunny hops but didn't check them out. Now she wishes she did.

PS- Sadie made this picture for Hunter before we went to their house but forgot to bring it.  She told me it is her and Hunter in Bunny form.

3 comments:

Tina said...

That tricky Bunny! Happy Easter!

Carrie said...

Sadie and those glasses! That Easter Bunny is so unpredictable.

Meredith said...

In the picture of all the kids on the steps Elise's pose is classic. She is such a riot. Also she looks soooo much like mini Carly.