Monday, June 6, 2016

Bye Preschool, See You Never

Elise finished preschool this month. I am very proud of her. She told me, "Mom, when preschool first started I didn't know how to sit still and pay attention, but then I got really good at it." Which is true. I know she will do fine with that in Kindergarten.
 Her preschool program was very cute. Lou's favorite song was You're A Grand Old Flag. They sang several songs and recited the entire book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom while doing the sign language for each letter. I had heard Elise reciting the book around our house but I figured she was just doing that because we own the book. 
 Elise missed most of the graduation practice days because we were in California, but she did a wonderful job. Sadie got choked up during the graduation ceremony. She was watching Elise's every move. She was a very proud big sister. She said the song reminded her of when she went to Kid's Village and then it was like she had a wave of nostalgia and realized how fleeting her childhood is. It was sad and adorable.  Millie ran around in the back the entire time so Daniel didn't get to hear a lot of it. Elise was absolutely adorable walking down the aisle after receiving her diploma. She happily posed for several pictures with it.
 Elise cried when she had to say goodbye to her teacher, Miss Valerie. Sadie had Miss Valerie as well and we all really like her. Lou and I happened to run into her recently at Jiffy Lube and we found out she only lives a couple miles from us. Not that that means much, but maybe we will run into her again some time.
 Sadie and I both insisted on pictures with the graduate. 
 I am so looking forward to having 2 kids in school next year. I am very excited to watch Elise learn even more in Kindergarten. 


0 comments: