Friday, June 10, 2016

Other May Happenings

May ended up being very busy for us this year. Here is some of the other stuff we did during the month.

The first Sunday in May we had a BBQ with a group of old friends. Tyler Dunn and his older 2 kids, Ella and Cooper, were in Utah so we had the Faucettes, Merrills, and McCoys over. The only picture I got was this of some of the kids on the swing set.

 Daniel and I drove down to St. George so he could interview at Dixie State for the head coaching job. He actually interviewed for this job a few years ago and didn't get it. This time was different because I didn't really want him to get the job, so he invited me to come. We have some awesome friends who agreed to take our kids so it was just the 2 of us for a day and a half.
 I went running on a gorgeous trail while Daniel was in various interviews and I attempted to take pictures of the view. I didn't realize my camera was turned around so these are how my pictures turned out. Wish I could insert dorky mom emoji here. In my defense, it was super bright out and I couldn't see my phone screen at all so I just held up my phone and didn't look at the pictures until later that day.

While we were gone Sadie stayed with her darling friend Bentley. They went to the Tulip Festival and she sent me all these cute pictures. The girls pretended they were twins and ran around giggling all afternoon. Bentley is the youngest and only girl in her family so her mom told me she was in heaven. 
Oh, and Daniel didn't get the job offer so in the end it didn't matter that I went. 

Elise was so proud of her coloring work on this picture. I was proud too. Her coloring has gotten so much better this year.

Sadie was just looking cute one day before school so I took this picture of her. Fierce.

Gymnastics day play date. Elise and Madi usually played together every Tuesday after gymnastics this year. Lou is taking a break from gymnastics this summer. We will see if she wants to do it again in September.

One morning I watched a friend's kids. The kids played/fought over this car for an hour.


 We had a couple of Daniel's players over for dinner. We made them play with the girls outside and then read them books. 
 Then Elise and Sadie performed Duncan the Story Dragon for everyone. Sadie narrated while Elise acted it out. I wish I had recorded it because it was quite the performance.

We went to Bobpa's 95th birthday party. He is such a wonderful example. It was good to see him and wish him a great birthday.

We had a quiet Memorial Day at home. We walked to a nearby park with a creek.
The girls played in the water the whole time. Millie fell in within 10 minutes. No surprise there.

Had to document the peonies from our backyard bushes. These flowers are incredible- pretty and fragrant. I think I want to plant some more. 

0 comments: