We were very lucky to get a short visit from Hillary and Ben in September. Ben was recruiting for Ford at BYU. Hillary tagged along. I didn't get pictures of the delicious food and long talks we had, but I did get lots of pictures with the girls. Ben and I also went on a run Friday morning. It was fun to bring someone on one of the runs I do with my friends. Also, Ben made me feel so good about myself. He can be my running partner any time.
Friday morning Sadie and Elise had their school walk-a-thon. I signed up to mark lap cards as the kids ran around. Hillary actually ran/walked with Elise-- while holding Millie--a lot of the time. It was a gorgeous morning but Hill got a little more than she bargained for.
The kindergarten only ran 1/2 hour versus the older grades' 45 minutes so when Elise was done we went over to see Sadie.
After Elise got out of school we went down to Provo for a lunch with Matt and cousin Diane. Camille insisted on wearing Elise's backpack.
Matt was great to read to my girls at lunch.
Of course we hit up Rockwell Ice Cream. Duh.
That afternoon we spent a while outside playing. Hillary sat and patiently listened to Elise's pretend world for a long time.
While Ben catered to Millie's preferences and directions about swing/climbing/slides, etc. I took a video of Ben and Sadie playing an intense game of soccer. Ben gave her lots of pointers.
On Saturday morning the Salazars joined us at Sadie's last soccer game of the season. Ben ended up pretty much just chasing and playing with Elise and Camille. He took this shot of Millie kicking the ball around.
We said a sad goodbye at lunchtime when they went to spent time with Ben's family.
We love Hillary and Ben!












0 comments:
Post a Comment