Sunday, October 23, 2016

A-picking We Went

This year I started looking into apple picking in August, since I have been too late in the past. The season for it is much earlier in Utah than in New England. The place in Midway we went 5 years ago only had one Saturday left with permits available so I took it. One permit allowed 8 adults and unlimited kids so I invited a few other families. It turned out that most of the husbands couldn't come so it ended up just moms and kids. We had such a good time, even though the apples were few and far between. We ate lunch and then set to work finding the few apples that were left. 
 The setting is so beautiful. Camille kept picking apples up from the ground and taking bites. She's still alive now so I guess that was OK.
The remaining apples were SO high up. It would have been useful to have husbands. My friend Jenny is 6 feet tall so she did a lot of work. 

The kids did get a few apples themselves, although we were always nervous they were going to bring the grabber down on someone's head.
 

The kids were overjoyed with the idea of taking a picture. The Hawleys, the Ricks and the Smiths came with us. 

Millie kept running away from me. Such a booger. There were several huge muddy spots and she ended up with mud caked all over her shoes.

We had a good time, but next year I will try to get on it even earlier so the kids can pick some apples themselves. 

0 comments: