Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Apology to the World

*****Before reading this understand that Carly is exaggerating this a little bit. She got annoyed with me for saying she is more rude than I am and that led to this post. Anyways Carly has done an excellent job of getting back at me here. Maybe I should buy her this shirt.************

Tonight Daniel informed me that most people would describe me as a rude person. He told me that I say really rude things to people all the time whether I know them or not. How did he describe it? Ah, yes, I must not have the same social filters that most people do. I offend people constantly!

So this is my message to the world: PLEASE point it out when I say these incredibly rude things to you. I would like to know! I did not realize that I fit into a category as a "rude person", but I am trying to claw my way out of it. I know I am fairly blunt with most people and I have definitely said some rude things in my life, but I did not know it was a constant occurrence, one that happens so frequently that most would quickly identify me as rude.

One of my worst nightmares when I was young was that I would figure out I was adopted or mentally retarded and everyone knew but me. This feels a little bit like that. I apologize for being so rude to everyone! Why are any of you my friends?

2 comments:

Margaret Proffitt said...

We're just friends with Daniel and thought it was a package deal. We forgive you though and fully support you in your new life.

Chelsy said...

Carly...maybe we should ask the pitcher of the opposing softball team! haha! (while wearing our championship t-shirts, of course!) Oh great...now I'm rude too!